2020 UFO Challenge

Old 06-30-2020, 03:35 PM

The pictures were taken to show the FMQ on the quilt, which I finished for Pat Sloan's June challenge of quilting our own quilts.

The next UFO was the one finished by me for my friend. Her daughter made 20+ tops, with this being the only one she quilted. I guess she discovered she didn't like quilting. I did the binding on it. Since finishing this one, I showed my friend how to quilt, and she finished another of her daughter's tops on Sunday. I then showed her how to do the binding, which she finished. It's not my finish, but maybe it will count? She's thrilled to be finishing some of these tops. She wants to donate them to a local women's shelter.
Attached Thumbnails beths.jpeg  
Old 06-30-2020, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Great, Conchalea! I just love your fabrics! I know you can’t wait for that baby to get here.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
The pictures were taken to show the FMQ on the quilt, which I finished for Pat Sloan's June challenge of quilting our own quilts.

The next UFO was the one finished by me for my friend. Her daughter made 20+ tops, with this being the only one she quilted. I guess she discovered she didn't like quilting. I did the binding on it. Since finishing this one, I showed my friend how to quilt, and she finished another of her daughter's tops on Sunday. I then showed her how to do the binding, which she finished. It's not my finish, but maybe it will count? She's thrilled to be finishing some of these tops. She wants to donate them to a local women's shelter.
Those puffy quilts are so comforting to curl up in. I’m sure this will be well appreciated.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:06 PM

No finished for June from me. I have one that needs a binding, a second that is not a UFO that needs a binding, quilting on a barn raising at the moment and three mystery quilts. Lots of work done but no finishes UFO....yet! Perhaps over the week-end.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:53 PM

Conchalea: I like your quilt and the quilting. I follow Pat Sloan but didn’t do any of the quilting practice. Someday I may go back and try free motion quilting again. I’m glad you showed your friend how to quilt the tops and do the binding.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:13 PM

Didn't get the binding on, so no June finishes
Old 07-01-2020, 09:29 AM

Conchalea, those colors are so pretty together!
Old 07-01-2020, 12:35 PM

Good afternoon everyone, I thought I'd better check-in, but no finish for me for June. Just the big move and I'm still trying to put the sewing room together. The biggest thing here is to dissolve that, "ole-folks scent" that the younger generation mentions all the time.

But, what I'd like to work on is the two UFO's from earlier this year (just before the move) and the Arkansas Crossroads from three years ago. Really, I need to locate my best cutting shears and my two rotary cutters. Two of the girls went with me last Saturday to the storage and we clean somethings up and did some re-arranging. But, no shears or cutters.

Well, hopefully everyone start off to a better start for July than I and have a bless month

Stay safe everyone

cherryb
Old 07-01-2020, 01:54 PM

Conchalea....so cute and fab quilting! You are back in the swing of things! September is fast approaching!

Cherry...Hi!!! Waving!!! You'll get organized soon and find all your lovely tools and notions. It must we awesome to be there with your family.. Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2020, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post

treasures from her closet! So fun! This turned out beautiful and I'm sure, with your excellent instruction, your friend will be enjoying many more to come!