2022 UFO challenge

Old 02-05-2022, 04:06 AM

Rebaquilts, I can’t wait to see photos of your Baltimore album when you get it back from your LAQ.

Ckcowl, you amaze me with your sewing projects and how much you have accomplished this past few weeks…Ben’s quilt is stunning and the baby quilt adorable.

Petthefabric, your tree medallion quilt is coming along splendidly.

I wrestled both halves of my king size quilt to finally get them sewn together. It currently measures 94x94 but I will need to add a 5 or 6 inch border. I don’t have 3 yards of corresponding fabric to match so I will have to get online to see if I can find if the collection is still available. I am thinking of a dark blue border to set off the star points.
Attached Thumbnails 244f6383-cf98-44a5-aaa6-53dd34c010bc.jpeg  
Old 02-05-2022, 04:46 PM

I don't have pictures yet, but in the last couple weeks I've quilted and bound 5 kids quilts! YIPPY!
Old 02-05-2022, 07:10 PM

I am not doing well at all with UFOs. I was ready to get them going when a friend called. She is ready to start a double wedding ring. I told her when she was ready I would work along with her and make one too. So yep, I started a new project.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:40 AM

CJsews, my girlfriend purchased a DWR die to fit my Accuquilt. She has been sending me Pinterest photos. I’ve never done one but looks like I may end up in the same boat as you…working along with my GF as she does hers. 🤪
Old 02-06-2022, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
I am not doing well at all with UFOs. I was ready to get them going when a friend called. She is ready to start a double wedding ring. I told her when she was ready I would work along with her and make one too. So yep, I started a new project.
You are not the only one!
I have 3 tops ready to go - one is even basted and waiting. I started to quilt it and the machine was acting funny. Brought it to "the guy". Pieced a back for a top. With my little Brother. Got my big machine back. Still funky. Back to the guy
So here's my problem - when Covid hit I developed anxiety. Don't feel bad about it - probably many of us feel anxious about the world nowadays. Sewing is how I manage.
But I didn't want to have more UFOs. But I'm starting to break down.

So last night I got out my collection of 5" square scraps and I'm deciding on how to sew them together (advice gratefully received! If you have any!) It's a pretty random assortment of fabric. I've made piles of light, medium and dark.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:47 AM

Default first borders added

The last 13 pieced blocks of the 49 I started with in January have been joined and first border .. thinking I like the minty green ..second panned to be white and then a pink binding...
Attached Thumbnails img_2247.jpeg  
Old 02-06-2022, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
You are not the only one!
I have 3 tops ready to go - one is even basted and waiting. I started to quilt it and the machine was acting funny. Brought it to "the guy". Pieced a back for a top. With my little Brother. Got my big machine back. Still funky. Back to the guy
So here's my problem - when Covid hit I developed anxiety. Don't feel bad about it - probably many of us feel anxious about the world nowadays. Sewing is how I manage.
But I didn't want to have more UFOs. But I'm starting to break down.

So last night I got out my collection of 5" square scraps and I'm deciding on how to sew them together (advice gratefully received! If you have any!) It's a pretty random assortment of fabric. I've made piles of light, medium and dark.

will be looking forward to seeing your 5" blocks arranged -- are you thinking of setting blocks between or strips between ... many possibilities. Have fun deciding.
Old 02-06-2022, 02:31 PM

Default Finished appliqué, light posts and center

Here is a UFO, it is the Color My World BOM from last year. I got started late and just finished the center, I had to machine appliqué around each tree and then finish the lamp posts. Then the center. I don’t have a large table for a photo so here is a partial photo. Feels good to have the center done. Committed to finishing another UFO this month, or at least get started on one. I knew this was going to be a challenge and it was. Took the better part of my Saturday. Maybe that’s why it was a UFO. Daunting.
Attached Thumbnails 5cf1e485-cba0-49b0-b63f-8c73fe7417c8.jpeg  
Old 02-06-2022, 02:34 PM

rebaquilts

WOW ——. Beautifully done…thinking this was on the Alex Andersen site.

😊
Old 02-07-2022, 01:23 AM

Just looking through all the fabulousquilts getting finished. My UFO box isn't really UFOs but "gunna dos" I inherit lots of scraps and the box I stared on in Januaryhas been turned into7 shopping bags (2 have left home) 2 camping cushions( 1 has gone) and a table mat and pot holder
3 table runners pieced together and are now UFO, I'm taking a week off to go camping but should finish the UFOs before end of Feb.
Attached Thumbnails 20220207_172110.jpg