Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 04-18-2015, 04:53 AM
dd

Yes, you have to be careful with #6. I didn't have that center "bud" of the flower long enough and thought I could fudge it, cover it up by moving the next pieces a little closer. Nope, doesn't work. Had to rip out and redo. Re-sewing was a lot quicker since the edges were already turned under but it still took a lot of extra time. Just realized I'm about 2 behind but don't see it getting any better. Seems every time I talk to someone they have something they need me to work on.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
Yes, you have to be careful with #6. I didn't have that center "bud" of the flower long enough and thought I could fudge it, cover it up by moving the next pieces a little closer. Nope, doesn't work. Had to rip out and redo. Re-sewing was a lot quicker since the edges were already turned under but it still took a lot of extra time. Just realized I'm about 2 behind but don't see it getting any better. Seems every time I talk to someone they have something they need me to work on.
I know the feeling, I ended up working on garb for my Dagorhirrim friends for the last couple months. Its put me way behind on my other projects but I've made peace with the fact that I won't be able to devote significant time to this until after the fourth of July. I'm just trying to get a little bit done every week and its working well.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:58 PM

This is my rework of block one. I am much happier with how this one came out!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]517339[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 0418151626sm.jpg  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:28 AM

Chugging along. Here is my 7th block (block 2). Now to try this week's challenge - on to block 6! I have a super busy week, so not sure I'll be able to finish it this week, but I can get a good start.
Attached Thumbnails aohblock2.jpg  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 AM

Very pretty blocks!

I've sort of lost enthusiasm on this. I cut out three blocks to take with on the road trip, and ended up falling asleep as soon as we checked into the hotels at night, and never sewed a stitch. I'm trying to get motivation to at least get back to working on the machine stitched set.

I have learned - I just don't enjoy hand sewing all that much. I want to complete at least 16 of the hand stitched ones for a wall hanging though, and I think I've got 9 finished.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:48 AM

After following the beautiful blocks you are all making, I just had to buy the book. I received the book last week and t had to try a block. I found this was a great project to work on while watching (or listening) to TV. This was my first shot at hand applique and I truly enjoyed it. Not half as good as yours, but with a little practice, I think I can definitely do better
Old 04-20-2015, 07:01 AM

After seeing all the beautiful blocks and reading all your comments I'm really inspired -- if I find this book in one of our local shops I'm gong to get it and start on the project. You all have done beautiful work!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
After seeing all the beautiful blocks and reading all your comments I'm really inspired -- if I find this book in one of our local shops I'm gong to get it and start on the project. You all have done beautiful work!
You can always order it from Amazon.com
Old 04-20-2015, 01:33 PM
dd

At least it's not an expensive book. Mother's Day is coming. You could hint about it. I got mine for Christmas. So nice to get something you really want.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:02 PM

I didn't start my challenge block yet, but I was inspired by a blog I stumbled across to digitize the pattern and stitch it completely in embroidery. This is the first (and currently only) block I did. The embroidery is 4" x 4" across. I'm going to turn them into a little wall hanging. [ATTACH=CONFIG]517665[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 0419151911sma.jpg