Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 04-22-2015, 03:20 AM
dd

So how many different versions does this make for you kaelynangelfoot? I'm having trouble keeping up with just one. Took it along to bible study last night.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
So how many different versions does this make for you kaelynangelfoot? I'm having trouble keeping up with just one. Took it along to bible study last night.
Just two for me - one machine applique and one machine embroidery in miniature. I've kinda been into the idea of mini quilts lately so I'm geeked about the small one.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:39 AM

Kaelyn, do you have the link to the blog about digitizing? My embroidery machine is older, but I think it could do that. I'm ready to get back to working on the gold machine applique set- though I've put the hand set away. Too much "outside" work to do this time of year.

This thread is in the Picture forum, and it's got me excited to get back to work.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t264490.html

I am QAYG with the gold set of blocks, and love the way the quilting on these enhances the applique, and want to do something similar. I'll be dong the FMQ on my Singer 15-91. I plan on doing the blocks, the sashing them and putting them together with a second layer of batting, and then using the long arm to quilt in the sashing, and just a simple outline in the block. It will be a wall-hanging for my "Machine Shed" so I'm not too worried about how this will all work out.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:07 PM

The blog wasn't really about digitizing and it hasn't been updated since 2013, but here is the link: http://machineembroiderybyaquilter.blogspot.com/2011/08/embroidery-week.html The quilter did combination applique and embroidery blocks, although I could only find a few on the blog so I'm not sure the quilt was ever finished.

What embroidery software would you be using?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

those quilt blocks are just amazing. so pretty, and so precise.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:58 AM
dd

Looks I won't be working on any squares anytime soon. My daughter and son-in-law are both Army National Guard and have been deployed to Baltimore indefinitely. I have had their 8 mo old son since Tues. The 6 yr old was staying with friends so they could get him to school but he is sick and going to dr today. Guess I will have him too. Please keep Baltimore and our family in your prayers. Me too, that I survive 2 kids.lol They are planning on being there thru the weekend. I certainly hope they are wrong.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
Looks I won't be working on any squares anytime soon. My daughter and son-in-law are both Army National Guard and have been deployed to Baltimore indefinitely. I have had their 8 mo old son since Tues. The 6 yr old was staying with friends so they could get him to school but he is sick and going to dr today. Guess I will have him too. Please keep Baltimore and our family in your prayers. Me too, that I survive 2 kids.lol They are planning on being there thru the weekend. I certainly hope they are wrong.
Praying for your family and please thank them for their service! I just found out that the group responsible for starting the riots in Baltimore and Ferguson is scheduled to be in Detroit for a "rally" tomorrow, so I'm staying out of the city! Wish I had more details, my MIL called to let me know so that is all I know about it.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:40 PM

It took longer than I thought because I was crazy busy last week and couldn't sew as much as I wanted, but here is my 8th block (block 6).
Attached Thumbnails 2015-04-30-20.53.14.jpg  
Old 05-01-2015, 02:22 AM

Beautiful block Maebe!
Old 05-01-2015, 03:28 AM
dd

Maebe42 I can't believe you're catching up this quickly. Just beautiful.