Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aloha Ripple BOW quilt along

Cathy - I love your choices, and the rainbow idea - brilliant! With three funerals this past week I've gotten behind, but hope to catch up this week.

I had computer problems this morning, so am late posting the next step: https://happycloudcreations.com/

Trying to download patterns won't let me so frustrated!!!!

Maggie Sue, do you have a craftsy account? I had to log in and add it to my cart even though it was free, then checkout and then I found it in my library and could download and print it.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Yes, to get the pattern, you have to sign up with Craftsy. But you can opt out of any e-mails they send, so I find it an easy site to deal with. And I love all the free video tutorials and patterns available.

I was surprised to see all the free patterns that are available. I've been using Craftsy for some time and didn't know they had them. Not that I need any more to add to my bucket list . . .
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Yes, I also have too many patterns, but that doesn't stop me from downloading even more!

Today's step 4 has been posted. https://happycloudcreations.com/2018...-center-block/

And except for pressing the HSTs open and trimming, I'm all caught up. I'll post pics later.

I've got my center block done - looking forward to sewing the HST together next week!

Well, except for some more trimming, I'm caught up. I decided to use a print for the center square and will switch out the corner blue HSTs with the print as well. I only have a FQ of this design, so will need to get a bit creative. I now wish I'd used a brighter green as the green, dark blue, and grey are the same values. But I'm not going to switch at this point.

Name:  Aloha - center.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  142.5 KB
    Name:  Aloha - FG.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  123.0 KB
    Name:  Aloha - HST.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  167.4 KB
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 02-07-2018 at 04:46 PM.

love that print you used for the center. I'm ready for the next step.

I wish I'd had more of it so I could have subbed out more of the dark blue HSTs, but I think the print in the center and corners will help bring some interest. I have the next step on my design board but will wait until tomorrow to post a pic, just in case there are some changes.

Step 5 is posted: https://happycloudcreations.com/2018...orner-block-a/
    Note that she has the bottom right square turned.

Here's mine on the design wall.
    Name:  Aloha block 1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  176.0 KB

I am looking forward to sewing the HST together. I've not laid mine out, so am curious how it's going to look with the different fabrics.

Belfrybat, lookin' good!

I'm planning on putting together my corners this afternoon- after I get back from shopping.

I'll look forward to seeing your corners, Cathy.

I'm down for the second time with what my doctor is calling "not the flu". This time she said we'd throw everything at it -- caution be darned. Maybe this increased regimen will knock it out once and for all. Long winded way of explaining why I'm late with this step, and haven't assembled block A yet. But it's coming.

https://happycloudcreations.com/2018...orner-block-b/

Belfrybat - hope you get to feeling better. This year seems to be real bad for nasty stuff going around.

I've got mine all assembled. got on a role and just kept going with it. I really like how it turned out, but can't get the picture to upload, will have to try later when I'm on the other computer that has the pictures on it.

Name:  IMGP3818.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  120.6 KB

here it is, and hopefully there are no fabric repeats. Not sure with the neutrals though . . .

Oh! That's a cutie! Bright and cheerful. Very nice! Are you going to add a border?

I think it would look good with a dark border to frame it. I'll have to addition some colors, but am leaning towards either a dark red or dark blue. though orange tying into the corners might look nice. . . I'll wait until more get finished and then look around at what others have done for ideas.

Cathy - I really like your controlled scrappy rendition. I agree that a darkish border would frame it nicely. When mine is done I'll probably use a narrow border as well. Or I might just put on a 1" neutral border to preserve the points and then wide binding in a contrasting colour. I hope to get my four corners all done today since the coughing is subsiding enough for me to sew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2