Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: BOM Quilt Along Enchanted Garden by Shabby Fabrics

Blog Entries

BOM Quilt Along Enchanted Garden by Shabby Fabrics

Anyone starting this quilt-along, starts July 2018?

I checked this one out, it is not to my liking and it's a bit pricey
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

I'm thinking about doing this one but not committed yet. Are you joining?

It's a beautiful quilt and I love the design. There is a video where they show different methods for the appliques. The monthly fee is reasonable compared to other BOM programs that I've done.

I like receiving the pieces already cut since I don't enjoy that part of applique. Plus they offer a package of extra fabrics for a just in case situation.

Blog Entries

Enchanted Garden BOM

Yes, I am doing this BOM. Iím a bit nervous since Iím new to quilting. I feel a bit confident since there is a video and itís month by month. I hope others will join me here to enjoy the experience.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: remove copyright pic, should have used link

That is a gorgeous quilt. I'd rather use what is in my stash but get the appliques but am sure it doesn't 'work that way'. Be sure to show us your finished project.

Blog Entries
    @sewnclog: I thought the same thing but the appliques are laser cut and fusible and from what their video shows there are small pieces so I decided better join the bom. Plus I dont have a stash—-yet, ’m new to quilting. I will post how my first block worked out. I did buy a opps kit too. I think I’m more anxious about sewing batiks, they are thinner cotton fabric. Thanks for your comment.

Blog Entries

Enchanted Garden BOM

Quote Originally Posted by Sherileeaz View Post
    Anyone starting this quilt-along, starts July 2018?
    I saw it on FB with another shop and the more I looked at it the more I wanted it. It is stunning. But I am not an applique kind of quilter. The shop I looked at did not have Laser cut pieces so I kept backing off. Finally checked on Shabby Fabrics and their video is what tipped me to the "I gotta have it" side. I'm nervous but excited!
    Want to make new friends?
    Become a quilter!

Quote Originally Posted by sewnclog View Post
    That is a gorgeous quilt. I'd rather use what is in my stash but get the appliques but am sure it doesn't 'work that way'. Be sure to show us your finished project.
    Sewnclog,

You can purchase the pattern only if you are interested.

https://www.keepsakequilting.com/enc...garden-pattern

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanie2 View Post
    I saw it on FB with another shop and the more I looked at it the more I wanted it. It is stunning. But I am not an applique kind of quilter. The shop I looked at did not have Laser cut pieces so I kept backing off. Finally checked on Shabby Fabrics and their video is what tipped me to the "I gotta have it" side. I'm nervous but excited!

Wonderful, keep in touch. PS: love your signature line!

Blog Entries
    Update: I signed up for Enchanted Garden BOM to start in July but have yet to receive it. I talked to rep at Shabby Fabrics, was suppose to ship 18th. Disappointing that July is almost over and no BOM. Anyone else experience this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherileeaz View Post
    Update: I signed up for Enchanted Garden BOM to start in July but have yet to receive it. I talked to rep at Shabby Fabrics, was suppose to ship 18th. Disappointing that July is almost over and no BOM. Anyone else experience this?
    Email says shipped 24th, I should receive within 10 business days..... fingers crossed, it is suppose to be July BOM....

Blog Entries
    I think this is the same one that MSQC has. I signed up for it but took one look at all the small pieces and sent it back. I have no idea how to applique such tiny pieces. Really pretty quilt though.
    ďBe the change you wish to see in the world.Ē
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

I too signed up for this one also today. It does not start till Oct 2018, and runs through Sept 2019. I fell in love with this one too.

I changed my mind and opted out of this one too much on my platter right now.
    I will keep checking to see the progress of your blocks.

Blog Entries
    I recommend Shabby Fabric laser cut kit. There are a lot of tiny pieces. Ive received 6 blocks as of Dec 31. I plan to start assembing this month.

Anxious to see pics and hear about the assembly process! This one looks gorgeous
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!