Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-31-2023, 11:21 AM

Way to go Sandra-P, make the project work for you!

Lunch break for me, I am maybe 3/4ths of the way through this clue with sewing and pressing, since I'm doing the oversized skinny triangles I will still have all the trimming to do. Goal is to get the sewing/pressing done before the Seahawks game and hubby time. If not, still want to get the clue done and hubby will have to wait. It was confusing to me to have Monday Night Football on Saturday but I guess it otherwise conflicted with New Years but I consider my football time optional for today.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:31 PM

slow going for me. I managed to stitch out 6 sets of clue 2. About a zillion left to go. I am glad we have a least one more Clue left although I am hoping for 2 as I am trying to catch up!
Old 12-31-2023, 06:18 PM

I'm far from being caught up, but I'll have plenty of each clue to mock up a block or two when the time comes.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:28 AM

Another early start to the day. I haven't made midnight on New Year's for years... think I gave up at 10:30 last night. In my old neighborhood we had quite a bit of booming and fireworks and general noise at midnight, it was very quiet here and I slept through.

My hope for all of us is that in some way this will be a better year than last.

Quilting-wise I finished the sewing and pressing of Clue 6 yesterday. Today I've been trimming down the blocks. It has been faster and easier than Clue 2, but the snubbing I did for the skinny triangles was just a tad too much, I've had reasonable amounts to trim on the sides, but a lot of the blocks will be just a couple of threads short of sharp points. At least my consistency was high!! I am a bit nervous that the long sides of reds will be touching but I am prepared to blame Bonnie if they do. Otherwise I'm ok with the subtle color variations

I'm almost done trimming, but I stopped for a picture and a coffee break.
Attached Thumbnails clue-6.jpg  
Old 01-01-2024, 05:45 AM

Happy New Years everyone! I'm another person that hasn't been awake for New Years for long time. Clue seven is posted, we get to start assembling blocks, but it's not the reveal yet!

Old 01-01-2024, 06:34 AM

Eek! Thanks for the heads up, MacyBaby -- I was up so early I missed the sneaky clue...

So we aren't quite done piecing but this is a pretty small number of blocks, here's the PDF link, the block and numbers are onthe top of page 2:

https://quiltville.com/pdf/Indigo_Way_Part_Seven.pdf

And we have the first view of blocks on Page 4!!!
Old 01-01-2024, 06:47 AM

Happy New Year! I'm glad there was something mystery-related today, even if not the reveal!

I'm thinking back to my start with the mysteries (Grand Illusion), and I can't think of another one that had no small pieces!

I don't know if I'll be using my focal fabric for these units; it is not a navy, and was chosen because the potential focal fabrics I had put aside did not look good surrounded by my busy neutral. If our speculations are correct, the other block will have the focal fabric as the center. But I guess, since Bonnie has said it need not be used here, it won't matter if they don't match, as long as they're not at odds with each other. Since this will not be surrounded by the neutral, maybe I can bring in one of those other indigos. It depends what looks good with the half yard of red I have left, which I used as my red in Clue 4. It has a subtle pattern. If I don't want the same red in the block, I'll have to improvise with something less red than the reds I've already used. I'm out of reds that look solid.

Old 01-01-2024, 07:01 AM

Happy New Year friends! So excited to see Clue 7. It will make for a happy day sewing after the Rose Parade. My favorite one to watch. I have enough to get this one done. Happy Sewing!
Old 01-01-2024, 07:16 AM

I'm very-very-very behind - which I understand is a very trendy way to be when it comes to a BH mystery.

That said - once I make the hourglass blocks, I might be able to make *some* of the 9" blocks, which will be very motivating. I think the Triangle in Square blocks and the Stitch & Flip blocks (with the focus fabric) might be an alternating block. Hmm...its a mystery isnt it!!
Old 01-01-2024, 07:32 AM

FYI Bonnie Hunter sneaked another extra clue in today. She has been known to do that. So now I’m another clue behind. Oh, well. I so love this mystery.

Happy New Years everyone! I hope your year is fabulous and safe.