Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 12-15-2021, 05:01 AM

I have finished my clue 3 except for the trimming. It took me a bit longer but while watching TV the other night I took fabric glue and got them all attached and glued and ready to sew on one side. Here at our condo I dont have all my supplies and ran out of pins but found it made it a breeze to have them all glued together and just run them through my machine and will use that trick again. I will post a picture of them once I have them trimmed. I rather like them and the wee amount of pink showing on the HST. I wonder what the quilt will be and look like with them.
Old 12-15-2021, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Sandra- that's a great tip! I hadn't thought of it until I read your post.
I finished mine a lot faster than expected. Using my Accuquilt die really helped. Everything lined up nicely.

Is that your winter home?
Old 12-15-2021, 07:48 AM

Glad to share the tip SusieQ. I was able to buzz right through as they were all lined up and glues perfectly. We are in Naples Florida at our condo we bought in 2011. The prices here have really shot up so we are very glad we got it when we did. We come here every season but it is now our home, our place in NY we just got a year ago and we are here in Florida for 7 months out of the year now. I turned our "den" into my sewing area with all my quilting and knitting things in there. I have to make a list of what to bring back down with me for next time rather than buy more pins, too cheap lol.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:40 AM

Sandra, learning here too. What make glue and does it get removed after stitching?
Old 12-15-2021, 12:52 PM

It is a glue stick and just called Fabric glue stick and I dont remove it. Just a couple dabs along the seam line and so far so good. I always wash my quilts after I have quilted them and any remaining will come out then. I am going to use an Elmers glue stick when this runs out.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:55 PM

Sandra-P - I have used the Elmers School Glue Sticks, and also Elmers School Glue Liquid (little dots) many times to hold parts together that I am having trouble sewing together. It works real well, and washes out. I also use the Elmers School Glue Liquid (just little dots) when doing my bindings. I sew the binding on one side, then "glue" it closed by ironing it (it bonds it faster) before I sew the other side of my binding. That way I don't have to deal with clips or pins when sewing the binding. I think I learned to use the school glue on this Board (probably on one of the Farmer's Wife Threads).
Old 12-16-2021, 05:57 PM

Family issues prevented me from completing my parts this week. I made some progress, but not as much as I had wanted. So during this VQW session I plan to catch up on the other parts and cut out part 4 which comes out tomorrow and sew on it the rest of the week. I just hoping this is an easy sew week.
- I’m curious how much yardage of the yellow is left so far. I trying to guesstimate if I need to buy more fabric. I used over 1/2 of the yardage I started the mystery.
- I plan to get up early to sew on the other 3 parts.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:04 AM

Clue Four -- Bring out the Garnets!!

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2021...part-four.html
Old 12-17-2021, 05:24 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Hopefully

I think there’s a die for this one which will make it amazingly simpler. I will try it out later today. Wish me luck! Terry
Old 12-17-2021, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Iceblossom, I kept refreshing the page to get this week's clue lol.
Thanks! You beat me to it