Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 12-02-2022, 02:09 PM

I hope you're back to normal tomorrow, Teen!

I've figured out which fabrics I will use, but I may not do any cutting today, as my back is very tired from yesterday's trimming.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:57 PM

I love Chartreuse!!! I'm swapping hot pink for the orange. Looks like I get to try a little out for this weeks clue!

I always think of these types units in Clue #2 at "Home Plate" as in a baseball home plate! I've never thought to split it in half though! This unique unit has really peaked my curiosity about what she is going to do with these!

I'm hoping to feel up to make a few this weekend. I had a blood draw a couple days ago and have spent the last 2 days sleeping. Thankfully we had some rain here in the California mountains so it was a great day to sit by the fire!
Old 12-02-2022, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
All of the white and purple squares came from my 1 1/2" shoe box. It is almost full, so I had a lot to choose from. I stuck with my aqua constant, even though I had that color in the box as well. I started using Bonnie's Scrap User System years ago! It took longer to complete the blocks, as I had more sewing to do!
But you had the scrappiest results ever! More scrappy than if using strip sets.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:31 PM

Really pretty, JeanieG! I'm liking the purple/aqua combination.

Leslie
Old 12-02-2022, 06:33 PM

Gorgeous quilts, Kalama!

Leslie
Old 12-03-2022, 08:55 AM

Kalama - great quilts. I'm always in awe of people who can do two of BH's quilts. I can barely make a half size, and even then it takes me months. I volunteer at a food pantry Friday mornings so wasn't able to start on this clue until late afternoon. I've cut the strips and orange (red for me) squares. And I found a folded corner ruler I'd forgotten about so will try that method instead of marking a line on the squares.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
I bought my fabric today. I have printed out clue 1 and will print the rest as they come out and will start sewing clue 1when I get home
I just saw your post. What fabulous colours!
Old 12-03-2022, 12:32 PM

Only energy I had was to cut the strips and squares. Then went back to bed….another bad night so napping most of day. Hubbie is going to put together a beef stew for the instapot. Gathered all the ingredients for him but then had to sit down..lol.. Eager to work on this clue so maybe later this evening can do a bit…we’ll see. Have a great and productive day!!
Old 12-03-2022, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Only energy I had was to cut the strips and squares. Then went back to bed….another bad night so napping most of day. Hubbie is going to put together a beef stew for the instapot. Gathered all the ingredients for him but then had to sit down..lol.. Eager to work on this clue so maybe later this evening can do a bit…we’ll see. Have a great and productive day!!
Read in the paper this morning that the Flu was really going around right now. It is early this year!

Love my Instant Pot! Use it all the time! Hope you get to feeling better quickly!

Old 12-03-2022, 02:36 PM

The colors of Bonnie's latest mystery quilt are lovely.