Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 10-07-2013, 07:15 AM

Quilte & others, I started this yrs ago having never sewn such little blocks before and now in looking at the photos online of some of the blocks... I think Jane out of necessity needed to use little bits and pieces to make the block.. today that's not the case for most of use doing this.. I'm thinking some of these blocks can be redrafted to eliminate the seams especially in the background fabric.. would the block in the eyes of truists be the same?? .I'm trying to remember how I sewed the blocks that are on freezer paper but not sewn thru!!! I asked here on the board if any are done with the software and wanted to sell..lots of lookers but no comments so far...I honestly don't think you need the software if you have the book...it has the full line drawing of each block which can be printed...after doing intricate pping with the FWS Quilt & PC Quilt since August of 2010, I don't think there will be a problem doing any of the pieced blocks...The appliqued blocks are another story if a person doesn't like or can't seem to get it done right...
There will be alot of conversation in this journey... I guess that means I'll be following along with you guys..
Old 10-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

Oh yes Honchey ... you;d better follow along, and hopefully stitch along too!
You have a point ... that after doing all the FWS and PC blocks, most of us now have the ability to look at a line drawing and dissect it to make a PP pattern. I did some of the innovative piecing changed with the FWS and PC too ... sometimes there just as not a need for a seam so I skipped that!

I'm looking forward to our Janiac Maniac GTGs!
I'm sure among us we will come up with lots of innovations on the how-to's!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

very nice like the friendship tree!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:11 AM

THANKS for the opinion Honchey, I appreciate any input before starting a new project
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 AM

Are ya'll goin' ta start a thread? I'd love ta follow also.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:26 AM

Hi Bev, I think QuiltE is starting this is January...I have started to draft pping patterns from photos from this website http://quiltbee.free.fr/ I have it in my favorites just for a referrence... just the easy ones I haven't done yet...I'm trying to find my book...
Old 10-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Hi Bev, I think QuiltE is starting this is January...I have started to draft pping patterns from photos from this website http://quiltbee.free.fr/ I have it in my favorites just for a referrence... just the easy ones I haven't done yet...I'm trying to find my book...
Thanks Honchey .. yes I'm thinking January for a start with the thread. So quilt looking for your book, and it will probably show up!

In the meantime, anyone who wants to work on it .... they can have things to show when we get going. Will help get the momentum going!

DublB ... HuntAnnette was showing the DJs as that is how she used her FFC fabric

HuntAnnette ... and YES, please keep posting those FFC DJs as you get them made, and until you run out of the fabric!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 AM

I have a 2" strip that will come in handy when the time comes...I even have 2 corners from the extra siggie Nina sent me...
Old 10-09-2013, 04:55 AM

I will....as soon as I get back home....haven`t quilted much this past couple weeks....I tried one with a green fabric that really compliments the peach......but I really want to see how many I can get done with the FFC fabric....and...a very nice lady is sending me another piece of it....youpeee......imagine a DJ made only with the FFC fabric ....cool or what???
Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thanks Honchey .. yes I'm thinking January for a start with the thread. So quilt looking for your book, and it will probably show up!

In the meantime, anyone who wants to work on it .... they can have things to show when we get going. Will help get the momentum going!

DublB ... HuntAnnette was showing the DJs as that is how she used her FFC fabric

HuntAnnette ... and YES, please keep posting those FFC DJs as you get them made, and until you run out of the fabric!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Awesome!!!!!!!!!