Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 02-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Maybe if I didn't spend so much time here reading & laughing I'd get a few more DJ's made. Probably not!
I think that could be said for many of us .......
Old 02-21-2014, 09:19 AM

Here is the link to the quilt I used that special fabric on. There is a story behind it too. In 2012, a group of quilters that had done FWS decided to do the Farmer's Wife Pony Club. At the completion of all of the blocks, 13 of us decided that we wanted to exchange blocks among us which we called bonus blocks. About that time, QuiltE sent out the famous FQ which brought all of us to this link. I didn't know what to do with it but did ask QuiltE if she could find another yard of fabric for me because sashing was what I was thinking. Then that group of 13 started a mystery block exchange last March which we have just completed. I requested a scrappy Pineapple. When my last pineapple block came, I was working through my UFOs and the Bonus Blocks floated to the surface. I decided that I would put the two projects together to make a very special international friendship quilt just for me. I love how it turned out. I'm not planning a border, just a simple binding. The post following this link has close-ups of each persons blocks. Enjoy! http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...t206507-3.html
Old 02-21-2014, 08:15 PM

Hey GG the link ya posted takes ya ta page 3. Here is the page w/your pictures.
<style type="text/css">P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }</style> http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...06507-868.html
It boggles the mind how we can copy & paste things & they show up wrong. Technology! Ptfffff! I sure hopes this takes ya ta the right place.
Hey guys: Ain't GG's quilt just way too purdy?
Old 02-22-2014, 04:33 AM

Dublb you just have to scroll down to see GGal's awesome quilt....wow when you put it into words our little group has been together for quite a while. GGal you quilt is packed full of memories, enjoy it.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:45 AM

Bev...I think I know why...I have my threads set so that I see the newest posts first and the pictures are on my page three. If you have the newest posts on the last page, then my link will take you to your page three which is where we started. I'm glad you found it! I'm sorry to hear about your DGM and your pain in your side. Hope you both get to the bottom of the problem with a good solution.
Mirabelle...I've cut blocks ahead for class and when I opened the bag, it took me awhile to figure out how they went together, even with the pattern in front of me. I wish you much success with your 1300+ pieces in little baggies!
Has anyone heard from Honchey recently? I've been missing her.
Only a few banks of snow left where it had been plowed up. I feel spring in the air. My DH even set one of the clocks ahead for DST because he thought it was tonight it changed. Thankfully it wasn't the alarm clock! Have a good day!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Oh I hate the spring ahead change. Tough on this old night owl!

I've been thinking--scarry. I haven't done anything with my FQ. What shall I do, what shall I do???
Old 02-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

GGal ... how creative of you to figure out a way to put all three projects together in one finish! Oh so many memories you will have each time you look at it. Well Done!!!

OKSGlad ... I bet you will figure out something ever-so-creative!

MiraB ... together for oh so long. Almost scary!! Though ... how time flies when you're having FUN. We've shared and cared a lot for each other so much.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:06 PM

I have been workin' on my FFC. I know I posted the flimsy along time ago, but I have it all hand quilted & the bindin' on. I'm sewin' some buttons on right now. They are just clear buttons but seem ta be just what the Dr. ordered ta finish it off. I will be sendin it ta a friend. Gotta share the friendship don't ya know. I also have a coaster all ready ta quilt also. That'll be mine. It shouldn't take more that an hour or two ta git it quilted. I'll post picts in a few days.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM

Here are my latest DJ blocks, I would like to get at least 4 more made this month. Starlight Starbright has been renamed Dark and Stormy as I think that was my mood as I pieced this block.

Also couldn't resist adding some appliqued roses, as everyone who knows me knows that I love roses
Attached Thumbnails dscf0967.jpg   dscf0968.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

So beautiful, MiraB!
Yes definitely those FC roses are you!!!!
Any chance we can lure you into a group shot of all that you have done so far?

I'll have pics of my February DJs in the next few days!