Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 03-09-2021, 01:57 PM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Ready....I bought a new cutting mat since I recall what the Sylvia Sampler did to my old one. Lol... All organized and ready. Will try to keep up and I may work ahead...just depends on my life at the time. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s blocks and creations!

happylab....so glad to see you jumping in...
Lovely to read you are all ready for Saturday Teen. I must admit I am quite excited !
Old 03-09-2021, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
Spending this week quilting another sampler so that I can devote some time to Harriet next week. Thanks for organizing this, Dotty!
I am really looking forward to this project Marianne - it will be so nice for us all to make Harriet's Journey together which I am sure will spur us all on !
Old 03-09-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Abbenirmal View Post
I opted to go with the digital version of the book for now and I’m hoping it will work for me! I don’t have a fabric color theme or plan! I figure this will just be some me time in the evenings after teaching all day and a quick break from fostering two new additions to our house. I am excited to start and see all the blocks!

angie
Getting quite excited and looking forward to starting this journey with everyone !
Old 03-09-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by SHELTIE'SMAMA View Post
Count me in! Have book and fabric and ready to roll.
Welcome and lovely to have you on board Sheltie's Mama !
Old 03-11-2021, 04:35 AM

Hello everyone ! The Moderators have now moved Harriet's Journey BOM to Challenges and Contests. I hope you can all locate the thread. Not long now to start our journey !
Old 03-11-2021, 05:19 AM

Well I signed on near the beginning of this thread, but have been stuck in a world of indecision. Last night I was just mentally wandering about and got out the book. Well DUH! Who says I have to do all 100 blocks? I looked at some of the options and have chosen to do the quilt pictured on page 91, Holly Jolly Harriet. I am not going to use Christmas fabric but I like the layout and the on point will be a challenge for me. I am planning a trip to a sweet little shop on Saturday that is about an hour away and has a HUGE section of Civil War reproduction prints. My mind is thinking blues with cream and a little pop of deep red but I am open to what jumps into my arms and thrills my heart. It feels of so good to have a plan that leaves me at peace.

I also got out my pad of sticky notes and marked 25 blocks in my book that are either easy peasy or blocks that are a bit of a challenge. Anxious to shop and return home to start on our sewing journey.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Well I signed on near the beginning of this thread, but have been stuck in a world of indecision. Last night I was just mentally wandering about and got out the book. Well DUH! Who says I have to do all 100 blocks? I looked at some of the options and have chosen to do the quilt pictured on page 91, Holly Jolly Harriet. I am not going to use Christmas fabric but I like the layout and the on point will be a challenge for me. I am planning a trip to a sweet little shop on Saturday that is about an hour away and has a HUGE section of Civil War reproduction prints. My mind is thinking blues with cream and a little pop of deep red but I am open to what jumps into my arms and thrills my heart. It feels of so good to have a plan that leaves me at peace.

I also got out my pad of sticky notes and marked 25 blocks in my book that are either easy peasy or blocks that are a bit of a challenge. Anxious to shop and return home to start on our sewing journey.
Hi - yes the Holly Jolly Harriet is a very nice layout ! I am so envious that you have a shop with Civil War fabrics not too far away - we are very limited here in the UK. I have a couple of nice shops just over an hour away but as we are still in lockdown they are both closed at the moment ! All being well they will re- open on April 12th ! Even then - there is not much Civil War fabric sadly !

The fabric I have chosen is from Moda and is called "Holly Woods " but sadly discontinued now. Moda have several colours that still match so I think I will have enough. The colours are very similar to your choice - creams, beige, blues and reds !!

Good luck looking for your fabrics !
Old 03-11-2021, 03:03 PM

I've just enjoyed catching up with this thread, as I saw it for the first time today. I have never made a sampler, but it is so much fun to work on a project with others, I really want to give it a try. I ordered the book today, and they claim it will be here on the 16th.

I'm very uncertain of what way to go with fabric. I'm not good at visualizing how things will look. I have many busy, darker reproduction neutrals (they fascinate me, for some reason), but I think those might be problematic to use here. Whenever I see a monochromatic quilt, I feel an urge to make one, so I'll start my fabric thinking along those lines and keep my eyes open for a nice neutral. I also have many multi-color FQ bundles on hand, so the problem will be in deciding.

Thank you, those who posted photos of your beautiful samplers, and thank you, Dotty, for starting this group!
Old 03-11-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I've just enjoyed catching up with this thread, as I saw it for the first time today. I have never made a sampler, but it is so much fun to work on a project with others, I really want to give it a try. I ordered the book today, and they claim it will be here on the 16th.

I'm very uncertain of what way to go with fabric. I'm not good at visualizing how things will look. I have many busy, darker reproduction neutrals (they fascinate me, for some reason), but I think those might be problematic to use here. Whenever I see a monochromatic quilt, I feel an urge to make one, so I'll start my fabric thinking along those lines and keep my eyes open for a nice neutral. I also have many multi-color FQ bundles on hand, so the problem will be in deciding.

Thank you, those who posted photos of your beautiful samplers, and thank you, Dotty, for starting this group!
Hi Joe'smom, great to have you join us ! So pleased that you found the thread. I am really looking forward to our journey together !
Old 03-12-2021, 07:30 AM

I've still not settled on fabric. I pulled out my stripes and found some notes on another project to use them, and decided they would best staying where they are.

Though while digging around for fabric to cut for the Bday candy swap, I found a couple of larger yardages of some neutrals that I could use as the background. I've got a tote full of precuts that I'd like to use up on something - so maybe this would work.