Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 04-17-2021, 02:20 AM

Log on problems? Me too but I assumed that it was because I changed browsers, not by choice. Long story. But when you log in again, besure to click the little "Remember Me" box. That should keep you from having to log in every time.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:02 AM

Everyone's blocks are looking good! It's so fun to see all the different "looks" we get with the different choices of fabrics.

Here are my blocks - I had originally picked a selection of brighter greens to go with, but I decided to remove them except for one that I'll use here and there as an accent.
Attached Thumbnails imgp5391.jpg  
Old 04-17-2021, 11:03 AM

Blocks are looking great y'all! Love that yellow background Macybaby.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:15 PM

Awesome blocks, Macybaby!
Old 04-18-2021, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Everyone's blocks are looking good! It's so fun to see all the different "looks" we get with the different choices of fabrics.

Here are my blocks - I had originally picked a selection of brighter greens to go with, but I decided to remove them except for one that I'll use here and there as an accent.
Cathy, I love your background color! This will be a very pretty quilt.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:15 AM

Blocks look great, Macybaby.

Dotty....So sad for the British people and royal family. He certainly lived a long life. He was a favorite royal.

I completed 20 blocks and assembled the first 2 rows but I haven’t worked on it in a couple of weeks. Next couple of months will be busy traveling so I’ll be squeezing in a block here and there. I think I’m going to do just 60 based on my layout but that may change cuz I really enjoy making these blocks.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Here is my progress to date, April 16. The two lone blocks below do not look good when placed on point, so will go to another project. I did find that I needed more selection of colors/prints to make the blocks more interesting so purchased some additional 1/3 yd. cuts. I know, more than I will need but I like the color combinations and will use the extras in other quilts.

This is pushing me in new directions and pressing my courage to try new approaches to sampler blocks. So far I am pleased with the my efforts. Onward to more blocks this week-end.
Looks fantastic!!
Old 04-18-2021, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Made my first block!
Yah!! You are off and running! Lovely block!
Old 04-18-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
Here are my first four for April. That last one was a bit tough because of the "Y" seams. I had forgotten how Chiaverini includes them in her patterns. I substituted a traditional pineapple block for the one in the book because I have a pack of pre-printed papers for another quilt I'm making.
Absolutely love your fabrics!! Your work is exceptional...those Y-seams are tricky. I was introduced to those in my Sylvia Bridal Sampler and about did my head in. I’m much better at them now but I still cringe when I see one...lol..

Last edited by Teen; 04-18-2021 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:16 PM

Hi everyone, I have been sewing like crazy lately and finished this month's blocks and the last 2 from last month.
Attached Thumbnails 20210416_135314.jpg   20210416_135403.jpg