Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 05-08-2021, 03:18 AM

Just added this months blocks to my tracking chart. Have two scrappy quilts to wrap up. (One for donation and on to use 2.5 squares.) Then back to my HJ quilt by mid week. Looking forward to visiting my bag of fabrics.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:31 AM

Thank you Dottie! Your blocks look great! I'll be sewing on Monday, wish y'all could join me! Have a great weekend.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:06 AM

BethA, your blocks look great! I love your fabric choices.

Thank you, Dotty! It's always such a treat to see your blocks, they are just gorgeous! (How did you get eight photos to post together like that?)

I have planned through row F, leaving four more to go. I haven't given up on the idea of catching up with you all once I really get cracking on the blocks.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:14 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Thank you Dottie! Your blocks look great! I'll be sewing on Monday, wish y'all could join me! Have a great weekend.
Thank you Tish ! Oh that would be SO nice to join you, shame I am across the pond. Some friends of ours lived in Bradenton and we visited them several times. Loved it there but they moved to Texas with the job !
Old 05-09-2021, 03:23 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
BethA, your blocks look great! I love your fabric choices.

Thank you, Dotty! It's always such a treat to see your blocks, they are just gorgeous! (How did you get eight photos to post together like that?)

I have planned through row F, leaving four more to go. I haven't given up on the idea of catching up with you all once I really get cracking on the blocks.
Thank you ! I am not computer savvy, my hubby does it for me. He sent this advice, you need a programme by Serif called Drawplus X5 - it is quite old but he said it works ! I hope this might help you ! xx

i
Old 05-09-2021, 05:38 AM

joe's mom, on my phone there is a create collage option in the gallery section and you can choose the layout and which photos to collage
Old 05-09-2021, 04:48 PM

Beautiful blocks everyone.... I haven’t been able to work on this quilt....traveling.....but I managed to cut several blocks out so they are ready.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:30 PM

I am hoping to get two done tomorrow during my Zoom quilting meeting with my local group. I have been cutting pieces for my setting blocks so when I get a few minutes here or there, I can add another to my pile. Ready to try something new.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:27 AM

Love rainy days where I can sew and sew. Leaning toward purple in this batch. Happy Sewing Y'all!
Attached Thumbnails img_20210511_131230.jpg  
Old 05-11-2021, 02:52 PM

So beautiful, toverly!

I watched several youtube videos last night in disbelief, as people effortlessly sewed their curved seams. I tried each of the techniques I watched, without success as I attempt my G4 block. I have done this sort of block before and managed pretty well, but with larger pieces. The only way I've been able to make it work with these little pieces is by stitching a gathering thread to the top of the wedge and gathering it to fit. Very slow going.