Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 09-26-2021, 06:37 PM

I do have to say, that after working on the HJ, I am not so intimidated by other sampler quilts. I have the Farmer's Wife about 3/4 done and then crumbled. I don't even know where it is. OK, it is in my sewing room, somewhere hiding out. Any way it was started and now, I think I have the confidence to finish it. After the new year perhaps. I have too many "must do's" between now and the holiday's.

There are never enough photos. Loving seeing your work on this quilt but also those other samplers. Inspiring.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:44 AM

Thanks for posting your samplers, ladies. They are so beautiful!

I hadn't really thought about this before, but what sort of quilting do you do on a sampler?
Old 09-27-2021, 08:50 AM

toverly, I do like my floors. The laminate in the house looks like wood and is easy to clean. We also have installed luxury vinyl plank flooring in our son's home and in our RV and I like it even better. I go barefoot a lot and really like the feel of the LVP, it is a bit warmer than laminate I think.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:41 AM

QuiltingVagabond, I am so leaning toward LVP. Now to convince my husband. I am a barefoot gal too.

Joe'smom, I am going to do an all over meander. In the past with larger blocks, I have quilted sashing rows/columns into squares and each block unique to the block. With these little 6" blocks. I think a meander will help go over seams. But it's always fun to see what everyone comes up with.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:41 PM

Good question about how to quilt this little darling. I think I may have this one "sent out". But I still need to make a choice about how I want it done. I would meander but I struggle with larger quilts and end up with sore shoulders. This getting old stuff gives us time to make quilts, but it also takes away other part of our body, like joints and muscles. Boo!.

Those of you who did the Loyal Union or Sylvia's Bridal or Farmers Wife, how did you quilt yours?

Old 09-28-2021, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Those of you who did the Loyal Union or Sylvia's Bridal or Farmers Wife, how did you quilt yours?
I have sent some out to long armers for an overall swirly design, but I have also quilted them myself with my walking foot. In those cases, I've gone block by block, trying to enhance the piecing. Sometimes I split the quilt in two or three sections to give myself better control. I'm not sure what I'll do with Harriet yet as I'm not sure how I'll set it.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:39 AM

All done y'all! Thank you so much DottyD for starting and hosting this Journey. As y'all can see, I altered the pattern. I only made 77 blocks, with 1 1/2 inch sashing and a finished 6" border. I did an all over stipple for the quilting it ended up 56 x 88 in size. I love it.
Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  
Old 09-29-2021, 02:14 PM

Toverly it is beautiful.

Beth
Old 09-30-2021, 03:25 AM

Toverly, I love the colors in your quilt. Bravo!
Old 09-30-2021, 03:41 AM

WOW, I have been thinking in such a different color way. You choices a lovely. What a joyous quilt and finished no less. Ta- Da!