Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 09-25-2021, 03:44 AM

Oh, my, already? I have been so distracted by other BOMs and UFOs that I have fallen behind on HJ. Yikes. Must catch up, must catch up, must catch up. That is what happens when I take my blocks off the quilt wall for another project. When I don't "see" the project, I forget about it and thus create another UFO. Time to return the blocks to the wall and get back into our journey with Harriet..
Old 09-25-2021, 04:28 AM

Everyone's blocks are looking so great! I have worked ahead and have my blocks into columns. I am in a rush to get the flimsy done, we are planning on purchasing new carpet for the house. If you have ever done this, it's worse than moving. I am starting with my sewing room in an attempt to get my husband and son to do their areas. They both think we can wait till the carpet is on it's way. Carpet layers will move furniture but not the stuff on top of furniture. I would love to have vinyl plank flooring through out but that would mean moving the entire house out to get it put down. Yikes! Has anyone else gone thru this? Any suggestions?
Old 09-25-2021, 07:53 AM

Thank you, Dotty! Your blocks look great. I am enjoying the journey immensely. This may get me hooked on samplers, as it is more fun than making the same block 40 times.

toverly, I sympathize! We need new flooring, but it seems like an insurmountable challenge and we just keep putting it off (we are really good at that, LOL).

I am about halfway through cutting out my next leader/ender quilt, so will plan on finishing that before I start this month's blocks. I am almost done sewing on the center part of the July applique block, so the end is in sight for that.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:14 PM

Toverly, we did laminate flooring whole house several years ago. They worked with us and did the job over 2 days. But it was crazy moving all the furniture from one end to the other. Small house woes!
Old 09-25-2021, 03:22 PM

BTW, I will not be doing Oak Leaves! LOL
Old 09-25-2021, 05:00 PM

I got my blocks back on the quilt wall this afternoon, made two blocks and did some arranging to balance colors. I am anxious to start some of the assembly of the quilt top just like Toverly. Found one that needed to be replaced. If you see any adjustments in the blocks let me know.

It sure felt good playing with these blocks again!
Attached Thumbnails 20210-9-25.jpg  
Old 09-26-2021, 02:18 AM

Wow! Your layout looks great, WMU. I have a hankering to put all my blocks together soon, too. Will lay them out after I finish this latest batch. (Thanks, Dotty!) I'm thinking I'll use white sashing with scrappy colored cornerstones, but who knows?
Old 09-26-2021, 03:07 AM

Hi girls, i am loving the blocks WMUTeach and the layout !
Having new carpet is such an upheaval isn't it toverly ? It will be great when it is done though !
Glad your enjoying the Harriet's Journey joe'smom - it is my favourite way of making quilts ! I have made a Dear Jane, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and The Loyal Union Sampler and will post photos of them below.
Attached Thumbnails finished-dj-showing.jpg   pieced-sbs.jpg   lus-finished.jpg  
Old 09-26-2021, 04:14 AM

Dotty, I love your most recent HJ blocks, and your other samplers are beautiful! I have made several variations of Dear Jane, and have also made a few quilts using SBS and LUS blocks. It's my favorite way to quilt, too. My Dear Jane in Blue variation was made as part of a swap and now hangs over our bed.
Attached Thumbnails dear-jane-blue.jpg  
Old 09-26-2021, 04:47 AM

Love all you samplers Dotty D and MKotch. I have started Dear Jane many times and after a few blocks give it up. Maybe next time I start I will start with different blocks so in the end I will have a quilt.

Quilting Vagabond, do you like your vinyl floor? I have resigned myself to 10 boxes a day. Maybe it will be done by January. The more I box, the more I think go for the vinyl. Thanks everyone for the sympathy of boxing. I did find the bottom of my craftroom closet. Never realized I had tried so many hobbies before quilting. Almost all needlearts to painting.

Hope y'all have a beautiful Sunday.