Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 07-16-2021, 12:00 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
Hi Laurafet,
Of course you can join us and welcome !!
Have you got the book and shall I tell you what blocks we have done already ?
The other thing I can do is tell you the post number the list of blocks have been added on.
I release 8 new blocks on the first Saturday of the month.
I live in the UK so when I send the new list it is early morning for all you ladies in the US because of the time difference !
We then share photos of the blocks we have done and there is always someone around to cheer us on !
I am not a lover of Applique and so I personally substitute those blocks with a block from the Loyal Union Sampler book.
One tip I have is I got my book spiral bound, it the lays nice and flat when you copy the templates !
Any questions, please ask.

Dot xx
I told you a slight booboo above - I post 8 blocks every 4th Saturday - not the first Saturday of the month - 00ps !
Old 07-16-2021, 03:37 AM

Ditto on having the book spiral bound. I spent less than $5 at Office Max and will do it again on other frequently used books. Also, I included clear hard plastic covers front and back. Love it!
Old 07-16-2021, 08:29 AM

Here are my July Blocks. I had to to the one Loyal Union one named Augusta since that is my middle name. Unfortunately it did not come out very well and I will probably remake it.
Attached Thumbnails hj5.jpg  
Old 07-16-2021, 11:11 AM

Thanks Dottie! Ladies, all of the blocks are beautiful! I have the list started from previous posts. I am hoping to do the ones for each current week, and an extra "past" block to slowly catch up since you are all 4 months into it already. Like many, the pandemic did me in in many ways. I have had my son and daughter-in-law living with me in my 2-bedroom since before Christmas, so much of my quilting stuff is packed right now, but I am itching to get back to it. One day I will get my sewing room back! They are both working again, and will be looking for their own place soon. It's been nice having them here, just cozy. I hope all are well!
Old 07-17-2021, 02:15 AM

Beth, your blocks turned out really nice! Wasn't that chain block fun to make? I had trouble with the big star, believe it or not. My two "wings" are wonky. But it's done. I have made four of our eight blocks so far. I had the idea that I, too, would use Pennsylvania as an alternating block, so I made it in two color ways to see. Still can't make up my mind so I'll keep thinking about it. Photos soon.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:46 AM

laurafet, I'm so glad you are joining us. Your plan sounds excellent!

BethA, your blocks look great. You must be quite the speedster on applique!
Old 07-18-2021, 09:45 AM

So pleased that you are joining in the fun Laurafet !!!! All blocks being posted are looking good xx
Old 07-19-2021, 12:52 AM

Hi ladies
Lots of reading, lots of beautiful blocks and lots of familiar names!
I'm very tempted to join but I will have to think about it. I really love the blocks I've seen so far but I have so many UFO's to finish and not too fond of starting another sampler. So I will cheer you all on from the side line and decide later whether I'll join or not.
Have fun you all!!!!!
Old 07-19-2021, 08:56 AM

Here are my July blocks. You'll see that I made two Philadelphia's, thinking I might use it as an alternating block throughout the quilt. I may simply sash the blocks in white with various colored cornerstones, though. We'll see! :-)
Attached Thumbnails hj-july.jpg  
Old 07-19-2021, 08:57 AM

my blockmaking got put on hold for a while - DH and I hope to start the kitchenette remodel next week, so the last several weeks I've spent cleaning, rearranging and painting in the sewing studio to get prepared for that. I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do! I'm so looking forward to having fun time with my sewing machine that does not involve moving it! I think just about every machine except the LA has been moved - and that is a lot since I've got near 75 heavy vintage machines on display.