Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 01-17-2022, 02:25 PM

Beautiful QuiltingVagabond! Love the color combinations.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:09 PM

QuiltingVagabond, your piece looks so perfect and precise. I am envious.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:35 AM

Good morning everyone !
So my penultimate list of blocks for you today, can't believe we have nearly come to the end of our Harriet's Journey.

Sat 22nd Jan,

F2, Lowell Offering. P 50. I found an error on this block ( as frugal with fabric as I am ! ) 1, From Pink fabric it says 1 square 31/2" x 31/2" (C). This is the measurement for the inner square not the pink fabric - I used the template on block D10 - Friendship Quilt - on page 100 Foundation Pattern B. Worked perfectly !

F6, Morning Star. P 52.

Sat 29th Jan,

H4, Rising Star. P 62.

H8, Salem. P 66.

Sat 5th Feb.

I5, Star and Pinwheels. P71

I7, State Fair. P73. I used the template for A and B ( centre block ) the foundation B3 block on page 97.

Sat 12th Feb.

E5, Hole in the Barn Door, P46.

E7, Independence Rock, P47.

Here are my blocks.
Attached Thumbnails harriet-display12.jpg  
Old 01-22-2022, 06:14 AM

Thank you DottyD. Wish I hadn't finished so early. It's been great working on this. I was at JoAnn's the other day and looked across the cutting table to see a Harriet's Journey book on the bookstand. It's been an awesome sew along.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:56 AM

Thank you, Dotty! I covered up my design wall with another piece of batting, so I won't be able to post a photo of this month's group of blocks. I'm so thankful for this sew-along! I learned so much and now feel fairly fearless about any piecing challenge that might come my way.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:05 PM

I got my HJ back from the longarmer yesterday! Added the binding this afternoon and hope to have the hand sewing finished by the week-end. A few other non-quilting tasks that need my attention too in the next few days. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-16-2022, 12:34 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I got my HJ back from the longarmer yesterday! Added the binding this afternoon and hope to have the hand sewing finished by the week-end. A few other non-quilting tasks that need my attention too in the next few days. Fingers crossed.
Wow - wonderful WMUTeach - looking for to seeing your HJ in all it's glory !! I am adding all the sashing at the moment - taking a long time ! I have had an Asthma flare up and chest infection and not felt too good recently, but hope to get back to it soon ! I shall be posting the last few blocks on Saturday and the journey is nearly reaching it's destination. Hope to see lot's of photos of everyone's quilts in the next few weeks x
Old 02-16-2022, 03:56 AM

Thanks for the inspiration, everyone, and coordinating this quilt along, Dotty. I love my HJ so much that I have entered it into a quilt show in April. Looking forward to seeing photos of others' quilts as you finish them!
Old 02-16-2022, 07:51 PM

Dotty, so sorry you have not been feeling well!

Mkotch, how exciting!
Old 02-18-2022, 08:56 AM

Dotty, good morning, I am a lurker to your thread, and I have truly enjoyed your followers' progress. I too am looking forward to see their completed works. Thank you for providing the thread.

cherrybsixty