Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 02-18-2022, 10:44 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty View Post
Dotty, good morning, I am a lurker to your thread, and I have truly enjoyed your followers' progress. I too am looking forward to see their completed works. Thank you for providing the thread.

cherrybsixty
Hello cherrybsixty. How lovely to hear from you - are you making the quilt ? I have made all the blocks and I am just adding the sashing. Our next door neighbour's daughter has just had a baby and I made her a quilt, and one of my quilt groups have a challenge to make an Attic Window quilt. So lots on !!
Living in (the very windy UK today) it has been so nice to make this quilt with everyone from across the pond, I have loved the journey with everyone. Posting the last four blocks tomorrow x
Old 02-18-2022, 06:04 PM

No, Dotty, I've just been looking on, but I've several of the author's fiction novels. I have enjoyed seeing what the ladies have did in the group. Thanks for sharing

cherrybsixty
Old 02-19-2022, 05:06 AM

Good morning girls, well here we are the last blocks for Harriet !

Feb 19th.

J3, Tulip Wreath, p 78.
J8, Whirling Star, p 82. I substituted this block with G8, Crown of Thornes on p 28 from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

Feb 26th

B1, Chimney Sweep, p 22.
B6, Cock's Comb, p 25.

I can't believe where the last few months have gone, but I have so enjoyed making this quilt and it has been so nice meeting you all.
I hope you have all enjoyed the journey with Harriet.

I now look forward to seeing all your finished quilts and good luck if you are entering them into any exhibitions / quilt shows.
Take care and look after yourselves.
Best wishes,
Dot.
Attached Thumbnails j3s.jpg   j8s.jpg   b1s.jpg   b6s.jpg  
Old 02-19-2022, 05:14 AM

Loved, loved, loved the journey with Harriet and all of y'all. It was awesome. Even though I finished early, I have kept track of everyone and look forward to seeing all of your finished quilts in the future. Thank you DottyD for leading us and posting new blocks. Your blocks look wonderful. Happy Sewing.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:24 AM

Your blocks have been so beautiful throughout, Dotty. I'm so looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

I'd better get crackin' on my two outstanding applique blocks!
Old 02-19-2022, 10:49 AM

Taa-Daa! Here it is my HJ friends. Finished right down to the label I learned a few things along the way. I can do little pieces, I can finish a sampler. Don't buy fabric that has a knapped texture. The red was/is the perfect color but it is just slightly textured and it picks up all the little threads that circulate about in a sewing room. I am so happy with the finish and will now return to my Farmer's Wife that has been sitting in a box for....nearly 5 years.

Keep sewing your blocks, I am ready to see all of your beautiful efforts too.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-08-2-harriets-journey-fiinished-resized..jpg  
Old 02-19-2022, 04:07 PM

Great finish WMUTeach! I have a Farmer's Wife started somewhere too. No idea where it is, somewhere in the sewing room.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:21 PM

Gorgeous, WMUTeach! How I love that red!
Old 02-20-2022, 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=DottyD;8538214]Good morning girls, well here we are the last blocks for Harriet !

Feb 19th.

J3, Tulip Wreath, p 78.
J8, Whirling Star, p 82. I substituted this block with G8, Crown of Thornes on p 28 from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

Feb 26th

B1, Chimney Sweep, p 22.
B6, Cock's Comb, p 25.

I can't believe where the last few months have gone, but I have so enjoyed making this quilt and it has been so nice meeting you all.
I hope you have all enjoyed the journey with Harriet.

I now look forward to seeing all your finished quilts and good luck if you are entering them into any exhibitions / quilt shows.
Take care and look after yourselves.
Best wishes,
Dot.[/QUOTE

I have enjoyed working on HJ. I am behind and hope to get caught up soon. I am trying to finish another project and then will get back to finishing Harriet’s. Thanks Dot for coordinating this.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Taa-Daa! Here it is my HJ friends. Finished right down to the label I learned a few things along the way. I can do little pieces, I can finish a sampler. Don't buy fabric that has a knapped texture. The red was/is the perfect color but it is just slightly textured and it picks up all the little threads that circulate about in a sewing room. I am so happy with the finish and will now return to my Farmer's Wife that has been sitting in a box for....nearly 5 years.

Keep sewing your blocks, I am ready to see all of your beautiful efforts too.
Just lurking here to say, what a wonderful finish, WMUTeach! Love your quilt!