Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Muv
    Hello Ghostrider - really clever stuff!

Blog Entries
    Muv - Thanks, and yes it is very gratifying
    QuiltE - Thank you.. and yes I will hold onto this quilt forever.
    Yayaquilts - Thanks
    JeanieG - Thanks, Can you share your version of the mystery quilt with us here..Im sure everyone would love to see it.
    Dublb - Thanks
    Ghostrider - Thanks, also your project is coming along very nicely, what is the finished size going to be ? I scrolled back but I didnt see it if it was posted previously.

Hugs ladies... be a very long day for me had lots of fun with my daughter. She is coming over tomorrow evening again to play. Her husband and my grandson have gone camping in Kentucky for a week with his parents and she had to stay home because she is still too new to her job to have any vacation days. So she is going to come for dinner after work and hang out with dh and I for a while before going home.
    Have an awesome day!

ghostrider - that looks great.

Jenniky - nicely done. It looks really good. Glad that you had a good time with your daughter and get to spend a bit more time with her this week. It should help with the separation anxiety from the other daughter.

Ghostie ... lookin great!

JenniKy ... is she coming to "play"? or fill other DDs shoes and help you with the quilting? I'm hoping the first plays have included getting your quilt into the frame!!! ENJOY this extra time with her while the "men" are away. It's a special gift for you to have her in this way for the week.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Hmmmm.... I really shouldn't but when has that ever stopped me! Okay....
    Okay You got me with your comment!

I have some patriotic fabric but have never made anything in that order. I think I will aim for placemats or a wallhanging. Thanks for putting this challenge out there.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Okay You got me with your comment!

I have some patriotic fabric but have never made anything in that order. I think I will aim for placemats or a wallhanging. Thanks for putting this challenge out there.

Welcome SewExtreame !!!!
    So GO for it!

There's no time like the present to let the fabric see the light of day and a glimmer of hope of becoming something beyond a stash filler! A good way to start is to post a pic of your fabrics .... and that'll give you a commitment to yourself, and you'll be off and running!!!!!

Welcome SewExtremeSeams. I agree wholeheartedly with QuiltE. Bring out the fabric, play with it, let it speak to you and then take a photo and show us so you are really committed to a project of some kind.

And, don't forget, we will be around after July 1 and 4 to keep cheering everyone on in projects old and new.

OK ya'll I made the block that I had planned for the other potholder. When I got it squared up it was 8.5". The excite size for my Pony Club. So it will be the next pony club block. I'll use it instead of the Confederate Rose, (ie Confounded Rose.) I thought I'd post it here anyway 'cause I told ya'll about it first.
    Name:  PC Star.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  75.6 KB
    It's a lot like Liberty (for those who saw my Liberty block.)
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Great job DublB ... htough I really think you should do the Confederate Rose ... kind of fits with the patriotic theme. Are you out snagging new fabrics this month ... I'm thinking new ones should be in your stores now

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Great job DublB ... htough I really think you should do the Confederate Rose ... kind of fits with the patriotic theme. Are you out snagging new fabrics this month ... I'm thinking new ones should be in your stores now
    I found one at Handcock Fabrics that I hadn't seen before, (I got a quarter yrd of it) but none at The Quilting Patch (my LQS). I have decided on some that is at Handcock's of Paducha for the attic windows. I just haven't ordered it yet. I probably, now, have enough fabric but I'm still lookin'. I like the variety. I played with that Confounded Rose for a week trying ta git the colors right. I just don't like it.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    OK ya'll I made the block that I had planned for the other potholder. When I got it squared up it was 8.5". The excite size for my Pony Club. So it will be the next pony club block. I'll use it instead of the Confederate Rose, (ie Confounded Rose.) I thought I'd post it here anyway 'cause I told ya'll about it first.
    Name:  PC Star.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  75.6 KB
    It's a lot like Liberty (for those who saw my Liberty block.)
    Bev awesome block and now lets see the Confederate Rose LOL
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Bev awesome block and now lets see the Confederate Rose LOL
    Well here is the link ta everybody else's Confederate Rose & Cat's paw.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t182733.html
    I just realized that I posted my picture on the discussion page.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t182729.html
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Works4me and QuiltE I have to report a wonderful time this weekend with my YDD We set up the frame and then my daughter informed me she had purchased new fencing to put around the garden to keep the bunnies out. And so we put the new fence up and worked in the garden and replanted the green beans and put in some hot peppers to make salsa. This evening when she gets off of work we are going to work on the quilt some more. Oh and my oldest daughter called me to tell me she was jealous that her little sister was getting to help me finish the Patriotic Quilt... She said it with a laugh of course. Haha
    Have an awesome day!

dublb - that looks great.

Jenniky - sounds like you and your daughter are having a great time. She seems to really be helping you sort things out, in more ways than one. Sure hope the fence keeps all the bunnies out and you can enjoy your veggies.

Actually, you are pretty lucky in that both daughters get to share the Patriotic quilt with you.

JenniKy ... Looks like she's jumping in and filling her Sis' shoes!!!! And that she's really getting caught up in the opportunities to help you and spend time with you. But what are the bunnies going to eat now? Maybe you would kindly plant them their very own garden outside of the fence!!!!! Have a good night!

Jennie - Is sounds like ya are gonna have a great time w/your other DD.
    Bev

Muv
    Hello Dublb - nice block!

Work has been resumed on the thistle. I'm well out of the groove after stopping for a few days.

Blog Entries
    Thanks QuiltE and works4me. Later today I will look for that fabric. As always I have nine things in the fire at the moment. Until then, it will be fun to remember just when and where I bought that wavy red, white and blue fabric. Hmmmm

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Thanks QuiltE and works4me. Later today I will look for that fabric. As always I have nine things in the fire at the moment. Until then, it will be fun to remember just when and where I bought that wavy red, white and blue fabric. Hmmmm
    ha! Join the crowd, You're in good company ... I always have many on the go at once ... and many more in mind!!!

Muv ... so good to see you back with us. I'm sure you'll be back in the groove in no time at all. Watch those thistle prickles!

Easy Flag Quilt Top

This is was created using one of A. E. Nathan's Quilt of the Month patterns from Walmart.
    Super easy...but fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ....if you do nothing there will be no result. Mahatma Gandhi

Welcome Yellow Bird,

I hope you will join the challenge and make a new item or is this quilt just recently finished? If so, we'd love to see progress photos.

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    Welcome Yellow Bird,

I hope you will join the challenge and make a new item or is this quilt just recently finished? If so, we'd love to see progress photos.
    I'll echo that ..... Welcome YellowBird!!

Blog Entries
    Heya Ladies.. How goes the morning ??? Looks to be a quiet day around here. I will of course be diligently sewing and working on all my projects I worked on my BOM yesterday .. used Muv's method for making vines and sunflowers. I was very pleased with the results. Here is a picture to share. Oh and yes the Patriotic quilt is on the frame. Now what do I do???? Hahaha I was just going to tie it together.. however now Im trying to decide if I want to do more than just that. So Quilt and I having a stand off at the moment. I go upstairs and stare at it.. and it just lays there all stretched out waiting ... Oh and don't worry about the bunnies they have found moved off into the back field. Growing Soybeans in the field..wonder if they like soybeans???
    Have an awesome day!

ahem ... photo? I see no photo?
    I guess those sunflowers and vines are done with invisible threads!!

Now there just can't be a standoff with your patriotism,
    JenniKy ... though I'm siding with the quilt for hand quilting or machine quilting. With it in the frames you could baste it to hold it as you machine it. The quilt is telling you that it deserves more than being tied, and so do you after all the work you have already done!!!!

Poor bunnies ... they're going to starve!
    (probably have moved onto some one else's garden ..... or your flower beds? YIKES!!!!!!!)

Blog Entries
    OOPSY!!! Thought I must not of hit upload. Here is the picture.

Name:  JUNEBOM.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  103.3 KB
    Have an awesome day!

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast