Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 07-15-2012, 04:53 AM

QuiltE...I'm going to practice my FMQ and use QAYG too. I've seen some tuts on YouTube and QueenofSewing has some tips that I'm going to try. I can't use it all since she quilts in a hoop...even the piecing...but I think the measurements for joining and the way she does it could work for me.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE...I'm going to practice my FMQ and use QAYG too. I've seen some tuts on YouTube and QueenofSewing has some tips that I'm going to try. I can't use it all since she quilts in a hoop...even the piecing...but I think the measurements for joining and the way she does it could work for me.
I did a few of my BOM's yesterday I was in a good FMQ groove. Im going to hopefully get a few more quilted today and then I will have enough to try and attach into the first Row. I will post pictures later of my success or failure..
Old 07-15-2012, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

We know that you will not have a failure Jenniky ... you're just too darned good at it!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:33 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/1...es-b10049.html

Hopefully this is a link to the pictures of my BOM's Im QAYG-ing . I dont thinking Im going to make it to putting the first row together today. I am going to quilt the other to blocks I have ready. Then the other to BOM blocks need some loving..so will work on that and then prep and quilt them. Then I will decided which for are going to go in the first row.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Once again want to thing you all for your words of comfort while I was fussing about our daughter being sick. Just spoke with her and she has started her medication and says she feels a little better, but very tired. Jenniky, yes, she should be back in the U.S. next year. I can hardy wait.

Looks like there is lots of FMQing and QAYG going on. What a productive group! I did manage to finish the edge of a Snap Bag I made last weekend and now I am going to practice some more on my Creative Touch/Quilt Motion. I will get the hang of it yet!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Jenniky ... and right there into the patriotic theme you are! Looking good!

Nursie ... so glad that you got an update from your DD. Chances are the meds are helping to make her drowsy. Perhaps this is good, so that it slows her down so she can recover? Good for you for finding something to do ... maybe time to make something to send to her as a pick me up? If I might ask, what is your DD studying while away?

Me? I started a table runner of Churn Dash blocks Friday night ... have it pieced together. It was slow going at first though, as my machine decided to cause problems, so tomorrow I'll be off to the dealer to get it repaired. Luckily I kept my old machine (not-so-old!) and was able to get it out and still be able to sew. Now starting a 2nd one. These are for a display a friend and I are doing in August of antique butter equipment and how butter is made.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:48 PM

QuiltE - I think that she is tired from not being able to keep anything down and the meds are probably adding to it I am sure. Slowing her down probably isn't a bad thing. She did manage to make her flight and should have touched down in Singapore by now as she makes her way back to Auckland. She is finishing up her Masters in Cognitive Neuro Psych.

The churn dash runner sounds like the perfect thing to use for your friends display. It is such a versatile block. Would love to see it when it is finished.

I had a nice practice session with my Creative Touch, now for a cup of something hot, a little TV and off to bed. Work tomorrow (I really want to stay home and play!)
Old 07-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Nursie ... I'm pleased with it, though I'm not sure it's what I want! We wanted the runner to add some colour to the display, though I'm not sure if it's too much and not subtle enough for the display. I'll see what my colleague thinks. And may go back to the drawing board. Here's hoping that the flight wasn't too much for your daughter and that she can rest well once she's home. WOW ... what an intense subject she's studying!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 AM

Jenniky - wow. You are doing really well. You sure take to new techniques quickly.

Nursie76 - so glad your daughter got medical attention quicky and is on a medicine to help her. It sure sounds like she needs to slow down a little. I hope she heals quickly. I'm sure you will both be happy when she is back home.

QuiltE - you are keeping things going here rather well. I am in etched glass mode so it is taking most of my non-work time. But, I am checking in occasionally.

I second the thought that we want to see your table runner when it is done.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

W4Me .. Etched glass mode must mean a booming business!! Hip HIp Hooray!

Yes, you'll see the runner ... though for now, it's only pieced and not finished. That might be awhile as I took my machine in this morning and being that I didn't have an appointment, it's in the queue. When you have an appt it's a24hr turnaround. He's hoping by end of next week, as they shutdown for holidays for a week then. I'm sure he will as he's a pretty good guy .... in the meantime, I'll just have to make another and have both ready to quilt once I get the call!