Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Wow, you are all keeping busy! I got distracted with the Row by Row patterns I picked up, so everything else is on hold for a while. I did chart out the blocks for Dahlia and would love to get working on that. It is only 12 different blocks plus some 3" squares.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I've only been busy because temps dropped here. In two days it will be warmer again!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I need to make one Igloo block still. Yes, they are a bit time consuming but so cute when done.

Speaking Of Row by Row, I'm heading to my LQS to pick up the new one for this year. I still have a bunch from last year's that I've done nothing with yet.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

I finished the propellar blocks of GBST and now I'm going to make a few Long Time Gone blocks. I ordered wash away appliqué sheets, they will be here tomorrow. I've read a few reviews on the internet, after laundry it's really gone.

Name:  propellar blocks1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  105.9 KB

I'm having fun with the Row by Row, I'm doing some creative stuff with my embroidery machine, so that is good learning. Today I learned how to get it to start in the middle of the pattern - for when the thread breaks and you have to go back and fix stuff. First time I've had to do that so I had to look it up in the manual to figure it out.

Almost all of the "rows" I have, have some applique, and two are all applique. I'm doing satin stitch or blanket stitch so no turned edges. I've got most but the two applique ones done. I've got all the parts cut out but have not ironed them on yet.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Blog Entries
    Anael, more great blocks for GTSB. Sorry the cold weather has kept you in. But, good for us to see what else is new.

MacyBaby, sounds like you are having fun. You sound like you are slowly bonding with your new machine.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Ooooooooooo....so pretty, Anael! Soft and cuddly looking. I'm loving the colors of your GTSB. Let me know how the applique sheets work out. Never heard of them but I'm game if it gives the same results and is less stiffness. I really hollow out my stabilizer pieces but if water soluble, that would be way cool.

Looking forward to seeing you RBR, Cathy.

I'm down to just 2 applique blocks to go...Here is what I accomplished today..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    You guys are going to town with these blocks...I feel I'm at a standstill...I have started a new quilt, but in country colors. When I got home from work, I noticed how badly I need to water flowers so had better get that done soon! Sewtime later.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Blog Entries
    Great blocks Teen. You can definitely tell which blocks are going to have trapunto.

Thank you, Judith...poofy is good!!

OK....I had to dead head my roses and trim geraniums today...plus, I cleaned toilets, which is always a priority. Lol.. We always seem to squeeze in a few stitches regardless of our chore list. Pretty blooms are a priority to me, too. It all balances out even tho we'd rather be sewing...

The sheets are quite expensive but I thought the same Teen, if it means less stiffness.........

Your Igloos look way better than mine! I think I should have hollowed out all the pieces instead of only the centre circle.
    I will take a picture of the applique blocks I made these past two days.

Looking forward to seeing what you've done Cathy!

Here's section 2 of Long Time Gone. The second Dutchman Puzzle block is almost identical to the first one even though I picked the triangles without looking because I wanted to avoid just that
    Pictures still huge and no, I didn't iron the blocks haha!

Name:  Section 2 finished.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  686.2 KB

And now section 1, 2 and 3 are finished. Here they are.

Name:  section 1, 2 and 3 together.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  913.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Beautiful section Anael. It is coming along fast. You must have loved the fabrics you picked the first time around to pick some of them again.

I've never been a huge pink person. More a blue. But, your sure selling me on the pink. I love your pink sashes inbetween.

Thank you
    I love almost every colour except brown. I do have browns but only because I made a Dear Jane in the orinigal colours.

Blog Entries
    I love those pineapple blocks! Oh and the little hole in the barn doors....lovely indeed.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Anael...that looks fantastic.....I'm with OK....pineapple blocks are so pretty...but so are the churn dashes....goodness, I can't pick a fav. Great job..

i don't care for brown, either. That's my hardest colorway to figure out. I've got to be in the right mood for Browns.
    Last edited by Teen; 07-11-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Thank you both!!!

I wish I was an octopus!!
    I've seen a stunning GBST on Facebook, now I want to work on mine too. But I also want to work on LTG and and and..........pppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Teen did you use the apliquick also for the hexies and clamshells? I think so.........LOL.

The Courthouse Steps block is perfect for learning to sew straight and with a scant seam. My block has a clear waist and is 1/4" too small on one side. Back to the machine and toss this one

Anael...yes, I did. With the clamshell, you only need to turn the top, sides on shells on the edge, and bottom row. The hexi was a bit challenging to keep matched tips but it's doable, obviously. I just made sure to use ruler and cut stabilizer using template to ensure they came out the same size. Cutting out by hand is not necessary since there are no curves. You could still do the method then hand sew (NOT)...jus saying...lol.. (Don't forget to hollow out the stabilizer on each of these blocks... I did a really thin edge of stabilizer on both and both blocks are pliable and scrunchy.)

I cleaned today and only finished one block. The last block is the square Daisy block so I'll be finishing this up tomorrow and assembling the sections. I need to start the border so that will be my weekend project.

QB acting weird for me today...picture didn't post....here's the block I did today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And, I hear you about octopus.. I keep looking at my classic Santa WIP and wanting to get on that...and the Happy Birds....endless..lol..

Love your latest floral block. Too cute.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast