Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 07-07-2018, 03:09 PM

Thank you, Jingle!!

Section 1 coming together.... It got too hot in sewing nook today so I finished this little bit up and called it a day. At least my AC is now working...with thanks to Gilbert the repairman. Pretty quick and cheap, thank goodness...I always worry for when they say, "Well, Ma'am, you need a whole new unit"
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 07-07-2018, 08:34 PM

Thank you Jingle!

Beautiful section Teen! I haven't sewn in the past few days, same reason: too hot to handle fabric! So no new stuff to show.
Today I'm going for a ride, leaving in 2 hours and will be back late afternoon. Hopefully I can show you some photos
Old 07-08-2018, 04:51 AM

I'm with you ladies. My sewing room is located in my sunroom. If it's not suffocatingly hot, then it is storming like crazy. But, I am still plugging along on my UFO. The redesign I planned just wasn't going to work due to several errors I made. So, I switched gear and just decide to stay the course with going traditional on this one. Really, I'd just like to see done so I can move on.

Now that I have pretty much all the fabric for my Happy Flower quilt, I'd like to maybe start it. It would be a new quilt start this year. I am just waiting one more special thing to maybe incorporate into this quilt. I thought maybe if they matched, I would add in reproduction vintage like hankies. I have to wait for them to arrive to see if they will match in color.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:53 AM

Teen, beautiful section. I am just loving the grays. With all those bright pops it is looking great!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:57 AM

Anael, I don't think I expressed how I truly feel about your Churns. I adore them. That is my favorite block ever. And, the colors you chose are perfect.

Teen, you are selling me on the Green Tea and Sweet Beans pattern. I think I will buy that one. I just love the applique with the pieced. I will put that on my list to make. I really like how yours is coming along. I really like the last one posted as well. It wasn't in my colors, but, it sure was beautiful.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:03 AM

Thank you, Judith....I'm hoping to finish it up this week and start working on the applique borders. This is really a fun fun quilt to make. And, of course, working with the bright colors was a blast. So glad you are going to buy the pattern, Judith. I think you'll enjoy making it based on what I know of your taste. And, that Happy Flower quilt looks like an awesome pattern, too. Using hankies is a whimsical and fun idea. Hope it works out. You did so well getting UFO's done. Thrilled you get to start a new project. Yea!!
Old 07-08-2018, 11:00 AM

Awww thank you so much Judith!

Great you're starting Green Beans as well! You're doing very well with your UFO's, sometimes it's justified to reward yourself
Can't wait to see what you're doing with the Happy Flower quilt!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:49 PM

Geesh....these were a bit challenging at first but by the 2nd y-seam, I did better. If and when I make another of these, I'll think about doing another block in replacement...I think the one thing I do not like about this pattern is that there are no pressing hints given. I re-pressed the first block seams as I figured it out but still....

Last edited by Teen; 07-08-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:12 PM

Some more section 1 blocks finished. Only 9 more blocks and checker board filler to go... Hoped to get more done today but ended up on my monthly conference call with siblings that lasted 1 1/2hr. Typical for us since lots of catching up to do between the 7 of us..

would love to see what others are working on. Any completed blocks to share?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:40 PM

Your blocks are lovely, Teen, sewn to perfection.