Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1272

Thread: Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

I had to laugh about your invisible thread Your husband is right though........can't be found

Don't you like it, finding stuff you totally forgot about? That way it's new and unexpected. Keep doing that and in 10 years you'll be surprised what you accumulated
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh dear, I just ordered solids for the next Gypsy Wife.......I guess I'm beyond any anonymous program
    Remember a quilt I posted some time ago? The one in blues/greens/yellows/oranges? That's the one I ordered fabrics for. I do have enough Christmas fabrics for another GW.......Someone please stop me!!!!!

Intervention Group Therapy scheduled for 2pm today. However, participants will likely not be much help since we all love doing the same thing. As the leader, I'll likely encourage you to grab on ad run with inspiration so I'll be no help either...lol...
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

10'years will fly by, Macybaby. In the meantime, squeeze in every minute of the joy of quilting you can.

On on a hopeful note, buyers came yesterday and they are returning tomorrow to look again. Plus, another buyer is interested and wants to offer so I may have a bidding war on my hands. So exciting. Now, if the weather will cooperate for moving, I'm golden... Happy thoughts requested....I'm so ready to settle and sew..
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

2 pm It's 8.50 pm here already.

Hopefully Teen, fingers crossed. Better a bidding war than no war . ehm......no biddings.......

Blog Entries
    A mere 93 minutes to the 2:00pm (PST) intervention...Teen please report any attendees!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Noooooooooooooooo my embroidery machine is sick............As soon as the shop opens I'll call and hopefully he can do something today or tomorrow.

Holy, moly, you just had to show me that link today? When I was so proud of myself, because I made my first 3" block last night.

Sorry about your embroidery machine. I finally broke down and brought 4 of mine to the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE View Post
    Holy, moly, you just had to show me that link today? When I was so proud of myself, because I made my first 3" block last night.
    So sorry.........

My embroidery machine just went to hospital. I guess it won't be back in time to make all the Christmas stuff I was planning to do.
    Back to Green Tea & Sweet Beans

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    Guess what I found!

I lost my invisible thread - (my husband said "of course you can't find it, it's invisible!) And as I was searching all over, I found the pattern for Long Time Gone. I didn't even remember that I'd bought it lol!!

So now I have Bakers Dozen and LTG patterns to work on after I get a some quilt tops quilted and bound.

Never did find the thread. I know the last time I used it and think I put in in the tote with some other leftover stuff from that quilt instead of putting it back where it belongs. Now to find that tote!

I found several other things that I'd forgot I'd bought too, like my fabric paint . I really need to quit buying things unless I am ready to use them now. Otherwise I buy them, they are in my way so I put them somewhere and then forget all about them.

I've got 10 years to retirement, but I can't help thinking how nice it's going to be to have lots more time for playing!
    I sew with invisible bobbin thread all the time!!!! Somehow or other, I thought retirement would give me lots more time for playing. I seem to be busier than when I worked full time.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-16-2018 at 04:00 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    No, but I have now! Wow! I wonder how many of the pieced designs are paper pieced. I know G Sciiliano is a master at it. The rainbow quilt looks doable...I suspect 1/2" HST squares. I love the little Lone Star...also doable...I think The yellow and orange Double Spaced should be called Bubble Spaced...what a great way to use bubble stitching...thinking it would be stiff and uses a lot of thread. Have you ever made small circles like this? I think the diamond quilt is English Paper Pieced. They are truly wonderful...thanks for sharing! Now I have the itch to make a mini!

WANNABE--I would be proud of your 3" block! The only way these folks got to the point they are is by perfecting the 3" block and then getting smaller. Don't let this discourage you. The first 3/4" 9P I made was to see if I could use such small pieces. It was wonky, but I proved to myself that I could and it's started me on a fantastic fun journey.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 12-06-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Sorry to hear of the sick machines. This reminded me that my annual servicing is next month for my machines.

Those mini's are adorable. I still have a mini kit that is more in line of what OK does. Tiny piecing that I'm still a bit intimidated to start.

Wannabee...OK is the one who encouraged me to just go for it. She needs to do a special class for us on mini's..lol!!

Cindyb....no truer words ever said about retirement. I went from fulltime therapist to just 2 days a week and I still run out of time each week. Now, I'm just a few hours a week soon to be done with that for a bit until I get settled. I may not continue and just do volunteer counseling. We'll see

I'm almost sure - almost - I'm going to replace the center of the Bakers Dozen. Since I made it I've been staring at it, wondering if I like what I did or not. So I guess it's time to make a decision.

My embroidery machine isn't back, didn't hear from the shop either.

just heard from the doctor, 3 out of 4 machines can be picked up tomorrow. He needs to keep the Bernina 930 and hasn't had a chance to check it out yet. My baby!

AT least you'll get 3 back! I'm using my 930 now. It really sews like a charm!

Blog Entries
    Anael, perfect timing on picking up your 930. At least your embroidery machine got a nice little spa getaway. Hopefully she will be home soon.

Wannabee, that is great news. 3 out 4!! Yahoo. Hopefully your 4th will be home soon.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Thanks Judith, I hope so too without getting too expensive. It's not the right time of the year for a machine to break down

And then there is 'The Girl nextdoor'.................another one I really need to make I might have to leave the facebook group! Too much sharing going on

The repairman phoned today. My embroidery machine will be back home Monday morning!! Yeahhhhhhh

Yea.... We feel helpless without our babies..lol!

I like Girl Next Door, too... I think Wannabee is making that one or is planning to start it soon. So cute...

Anyone in US ever buy from a shop in Germany before? There is a pattern I want but a bit nervous to buy...it is a paper pattern so it's not a download, which is much easier...
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-16-2018 at 04:01 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Never bought anything online outside of the US. Girl next Door is about number 10 on my list. Sometime next year I hope. Slowly accumulating fabric. Got the Singer 185, 221 and 503 back today. Doctor didn't have a chance to even look at the Bernina yet. I've been using the Brother CS6000i, I bought a couple of years ago. I hate it. Sews fine , no problems. But... I can lift it with my pinkie.
    Carol

I haven't Teen. I wanted to but it was a download so I didn't.......hahaha. No really, I wanted to make a hoodie but not download a zillion parts and tape them together so that's why. If it were a paper pattern I would have.

Wannabee, I had a machine like your Brother. I hated it every second I owned it. I had to chase it every time I used it.

I just googled Girl Next Door. Not available in The Netherlands........oh well........I still have a few UFO's

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 ... LastLast