Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 10-27-2018, 01:40 PM

OK.....thanks for the encouragement. Housing market slowing down now so it is a bit concerning but prices are not dropping yet....just..it's now a buyers market so they have lots to chose from. I've got a team of agents marketing our home so I have good feelings.

I'm trying to not start a big project right now but it's getting really hard to not start cutting Happy Birds patterns. Lol..
Old 10-27-2018, 11:11 PM

You could cut Happy Birds and put the blocks in baggies. That way you have all ready to start And when finished cutting HB you could start cutting Gypsy Wife.....lots of planning there and thus time consuming!
Old 10-28-2018, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Do you think Teen will go for that? You know she doesn't like to start a project until she finishes the current one....but then again we all can change if we set our minds to it!
Old 10-28-2018, 06:16 AM

I think she already did........not sure though
But like you said, if we set our minds to it..........hahahaha
Old 10-28-2018, 06:22 AM

I'm trying to finish the last row of the first border. Don't think I'll finish today. Only 1 block done, still 5 to go!
Just cleaned the dish washer..........yuk!!! And I need to vacuum, the cats are leaving lots of fur in unwanted places, like on fabric or my couch not to mention the ironing board

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603147[/ATTACH]
My Halloween cat
Attached Thumbnails pippi25.10.2018.jpg  
Old 10-28-2018, 07:16 AM

Love you kitty! Our two new family members are having a lot of fun learning all the neat hiding and playing areas. Though they do spend a lot of time sleeping with DH. He's not been feeling well the last several days - just a nasty headcold though.

I've been cutting blocks for Delilah. I guess I just get tired of seeing the fabric out on my cutting board and then decide to get all the cutting done! Have all the 9" blocks cut and working on the 6 inch. There are four of them - so not too bad except that I need 9 of each. And cutting them scrappy really compounds the time it takes. I am using up the scraps from cutting the larger blocks so that is good.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:27 AM

I still love this one.......she's going to bed......hahahaha

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603150[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 21.12.20161.jpg  
Old 10-28-2018, 07:30 AM

Sorry to hear your DH isn't well.

I've been cutting a bit too much, now I have to wear a wrist brace Trying to cut down the cutting.......how does that sound.....LOL
Old 10-28-2018, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
This is an American robin...a little larger I believe than the European robin. They are migrating now and had a huge flock of them in my yard and hayfield the other day. Sorry folks this is not my pic...I don't have Anael's skills!
Lots of pretty fabric being shown here...good luck on the house sale...and it will, Teen.
Awww thanks OK!!! Thanks for the info! Ours is really small, your robin looks large
Old 10-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Do you think Teen will go for that? You know she doesn't like to start a project until she finishes the current one....but then again we all can change if we set our minds to it!
No, she won't go for that. Lol!! You'all are a bad influence!!! OK.....you know me so well.

Pretty kitties!!

Healthy vibes sent to Mr. Macybaby.......and Anael's boo boo wrist.

Macybaby.....I hate clutter so that is a lot of the reason I dislike scrappy projects. I typically cut up all fabric before sewing starts. It's my least favorite step of quilt making so I like to get that done quickly. Kingwell patterns make it a bit more challenging to do that cuz color placement is often "figure it out as you go"...at least it was like that for me and GTSB. Delilah is probably easier cuz you got a specific colorway you are using. Very excited to see this all together.