Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 10-28-2018, 02:03 PM

I'm just about done with all the blocks for Snail Trail quilt top but I cannot find my 12 1/2 square up ruler. I could use straight rulers but the hourglass block needs lines to do accurately, at least for me. I packed some things but not my rulers so I'm feeling frustrated. I closed my sewing shop for the day...ugh! It will turn up but I cannot imagine where it is. I may have loaned it. If I don't find it, I'm buying another one. Geesh...
Old 10-30-2018, 01:05 AM

Did you find it?
Old 10-30-2018, 03:58 AM

The peanut butter queue LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603250[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 30.10.2018.11.jpg  
Old 10-30-2018, 05:39 AM

Lots of Pbutter lovers there! This time of year we only have bluejays at the feeder, and they sure have a pecking order. They are kind of messy so the chickens police up the ground under the feeder regularly. Once we have snow the chickens will be confined to the coop so they don't get stuck in the snow. The stupid birds will try to fly over the snow but they are not very good at it so usually end up landing in the deeper snow and then they can't move so I have to go rescue them.

Last year we had a nice flock of Redpolls for the winter. I'm amazed at the birds that stay here for the winter - and then go north for the summer!

I've got all the Delilah pieces cut and the fabric in a tote (just in case I need more). I was planning on sewing all weekend but instead I spent it cutting. My cutting table has a crank and I raised it up a couple of inches as my neck was starting to hurt a bit.

I'm getting a sit/stand lift for my computer at work. It sits on my desk and I can raise it to stand. It's actually my second one as I let a coworker use the first one I got and she does not want to give it up so I'm getting a second. We've found it's so much nicer to be able to stand when we are working on something as a group. It's much easier to stand around the computer to look at something than to try to get a lot of chairs behind a desk.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:53 AM

I don't know if there's a pecking order. I think the survival of the fittest counts..........
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603254[/ATTACH]

I'm using my dining table for cutting and sewing. Not possible to crank it up. Being able to stand is really good. I recently saw a pic of an embroidery shop where the ladies were standing behind their machines.
Attached Thumbnails 30.10.2018.21.jpg  
Old 10-30-2018, 10:04 AM

Lol....looks like they're hungry for sure.... I have a mockingbird that comes every year to my back yard and she dive bombs my cats. The prey turns into the predator. And she squaks and screeches and she does it. It's hilarious to see my cats run for cover. Two days ago we hand a flock of Turkey Vultures nest during their migration for the night in our huge Eucalyptus trees. I got my binoculars out for that and they were amazing...and huge...

I have not not found my ruler so, today, I'm dragging DH to LQS to shop a bit. If they have one priced right, I'll buy it. Then he's taking me out to lunch. He doesn't know that yet..lol... Having a huge Open House for agents and brokers today and we need to be gone for that. I worked on my house and yard all day yesterday doing touch ups in preparation. I'll be glad when this place sells. It's exhausting keeping it clean and neat every minute of the day. Ugh!
Old 10-30-2018, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Usually TVultures are in pairs around here...once in a while a bevy of them if there is recent hunting season. It must have been quite a sight. They are gone now. On the way home tonight a lone blue heron was flying over heading south.

I can't imagine trying to keep my house clean...just a challenge to get it clean for DS and DIL this week. It was good to see them thought.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:27 PM

So glad you had a good visit, OK, with your kids.

Went to the LQS....didn't splurge but I did pick up the fabric to bind the Santa quilt. I didn't have enough to cut bias binding... I binded in the same fabric as border and looks great. Sewing on binding on a scallop edge was a bit challenging. Just did one side and hand sewed on the back. So...all done. Also, picked up some more orange for GW. I guess I'm well on my way for the next 2 Kingwell patterns...
Old 10-31-2018, 03:55 AM

I'm with you on the ruler thing. I know I have a dresden ruler but can't find it anywhere. I refuse to purchase a new one. I saw a Sweet Beans on Facebook with dresden blocks and I decided to replace the double drunkard with the dresden. Now to find the ruler.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:26 AM

Found it and found some dresden blocks I already made. So now I'm using those

Here's what I did. Dresden instead of double drunkards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603297[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dresden-instead-double-drunkards.jpg