Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery >

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Old 01-04-2021, 07:27 PM

So many posts since last time I was here! A lot of us have moved right along to get this mystery finished-- kudos! I enjoyed seeing all your beauties!

Well, I'm wondering if my camera lens needs cleaning? Or am I not holding the camera steady? The quality on this picture seems to be as poor as the last picture. Anyway! I got the outside border on and I want to get back to my granddaughter's I Spy quilt before I continue making this one larger, so it's getting put away for now.

Thank you so much for joining me in this mystery quilt. :-)
Attached Thumbnails mm-nyd-2021.jpg  
Old 01-04-2021, 07:41 PM

Okay, I tried again with a close-up pic. :-) It's folded, on the twin bed. You can see I dumped the quilt on the floor to use the orange sheet for a better background. Yes, I have an orange sheet, I do love orange. lol
Attached Thumbnails p1010186.jpg  
Old 01-04-2021, 07:47 PM

I am hung up making the HSTs. I am very slow at making them for some reason - one, for sure, is that they are so repetitious that I don't stay with them.
I see something I don't care for in the finished tops, but I'm sure if I'm going to try to change it.
Yours are all coming out so pretty - each in their own way.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:18 PM

givio, that is wonderful -- so textural. Very cool quilt!
Old 01-04-2021, 10:43 PM
Power Poster

givio, beautiful quilt! I don't know what you changed, but you came up with a very attractive quilt. You are such a good quilter!

I love orange, too! (Not purple tho...)
Old 01-05-2021, 04:17 AM

Givio, that turned out very nice. I'm another fan of orange (and also don't care for purple).
Old 01-05-2021, 04:20 AM

Givio, your quilt turned out splendidly...great job. I’m off to my LQS today to find backing fabric. My stash is small so I don’t have anything large enough. I plan to use my large leftover piece of Fabric A in the backing.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:11 AM

Givio, It came out so great! I love the pattern play you have going on.

The tipsy triangles turned with fabric B closest to the medallion looks so good on yours! After seeing all the quilts here and on facebook, I think it depends on the fabrics on the best way to place it. On mine, I don't think it made too much of a difference but I think if someone's B is lighter and or stands out more from C, then I like B placed closer to the medallion, like yours.

And add me to the "I love orange" crowd! I have two wing chairs in my living room with bright orange slip covers. lol They aren't for everyone, but I love them!
Old 01-05-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Wow...it’s amazing how different they all look but so many pretty outcomes. Watson, I loved your fabric from the very beginning and you did a fabulous job. Sharongn, I really like your bright colors...and Leah, you’re new fabric choice is so fun. I love the daisies.

I enjoyed the pattern and at some point I can see myself doing another one but knowing what I know now, I would definitely consider the primary prints and accent colors. This is what I ended up with...
Jmoore, I had a chance to really look at your quilt and I really like it. Your medallion really stands out nicely with the green in the nine patches.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
So many posts since last time I was here! A lot of us have moved right along to get this mystery finished-- kudos! I enjoyed seeing all your beauties!

Well, I'm wondering if my camera lens needs cleaning? Or am I not holding the camera steady? The quality on this picture seems to be as poor as the last picture. Anyway! I got the outside border on and I want to get back to my granddaughter's I Spy quilt before I continue making this one larger, so it's getting put away for now.

Thank you so much for joining me in this mystery quilt. :-)
It turned out really pretty! Thank you for hosting this thread, givio. I enjoyed sewing with everyone...