Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

carriem 11-26-2013 02:23 PM

Emma--that was well worth the wait. It looks great!! So what pencil should I *not* use??

Emma S 11-26-2013 04:54 PM

Carrie: You know about ass u me? Well, thought as long as I tested it before I used it I would be safe. Just picked up a pencil and tested. When it washed out in the test, thought I was good to go. Not really, maybe the real lesson is use tools made for the purpose.

missgigglewings 11-26-2013 08:05 PM

Beautiful on both sides!

asimplelife 11-27-2013 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's beautiful Emma! Sorry for all of the "learning" but I can so relate on a smaller scale. Your quilting looks fantastic so well worth the effort.

Here is my last UFO Finish for November. I had fun taking a stack of HSTs from a Keepsake Quilting charm pack and turning it into something "new". I'd been wanting to try a chevron layout all year and I really love how it turned out. Too bad I only have enough for a Project Linus sized quilt (49" x 49") but I look forward to trying it again. My daughter wants one in her colors too.

Emma S 11-27-2013 12:01 PM

Asimplelife: Such a pretty quilt. Always have like blue and green together, Would really like to try that pattern. Did you use half-square triangles or did you actually cut the large triangles?

asimplelife 11-27-2013 07:31 PM

They are HSTs trimmed down to 4.5" (I started with 5" charms). I thought the fabrics were so pretty I wanted to keep them together instead of scattering them.

nanna-up-north 11-28-2013 04:07 AM

Emma, your quilt is beautiful. One of the first quilts I ever made was an irish chain so I have a special feeling for that pattern. And I really like your 'bricks' side as well. I've not done anything quite like that but I like it.... I think it would be such a nice alternative to going out to buy a large piece of fabric for a backing. Thanks for this idea.

Asimplelife, your chevrons are awesome. I had to look at it quite a while to figure out a way to make those strips that wouldn't be bunches of Y-seams. I can see why your daughter wants one like it.

Great finishes, everyone..... December is getting close.... one more month of this year's UFOs to finish. I'm thinking I won't get another one finished this year. There's too much to do on any ones I have. But, maybe. We'll see.

Emma S 11-28-2013 08:12 AM

Jean: I am starting another UFO but I am in the same boat as you. I doubt very much I will finish it this year. This one holds a special position because it is the 7th of 14 UFOs I started the year with. Half way there! Tempted to whip up some table runners as small gifts.

nanna-up-north 11-29-2013 07:04 AM

I was thinking..... Christmas table runner..... great minds think alike, they say.

QuilterMomma 12-02-2013 02:47 PM

That is a beautiful Irish Chain Emma. You made it and that is what counts. At least to us it looks fabulous and we can't see any pencil marks so you are good. Congrats!