Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

nanna-up-north 11-16-2013 01:26 PM

another pretty quilt, asimplelife. I am still amazed at how many you get done..... it makes me feel lazy.

carriem 11-16-2013 03:36 PM

asimplelife--that is a great quilt...simple is good!

wildyard 11-16-2013 05:08 PM

Love your Cool Sparkles quilt ASL!

asimplelife 11-17-2013 08:28 AM

Thank you all... I really love this color combination and it seems like the top sparkles (hence the name!).

My UFOs are thankfully mostly kid sized quilts. Had I come back to quilting with over a 100 king or queen sized UFOs I might have never sewn a stitch ever again! A handful of my UFOs are for the queen sized bed that will eventually be bought for our guest room... other than that I'm lap size or smaller.

I've been starting to think about how many UFOs I'm OK having at one time... do any of you have a end goal in mind? Other than zero? LOL!! I'm very much a multiple project quilter so zero isn't my answer. I'm thinking if I had 10-15 projects (mix of UFOs and WIPs) that would be ideal. I tend to get bored working on one project and either avoid my quilting room or start random projects if I don't have choices.

I'm going to try and keep pushing on the UFOs for charity and the ones I have a use for around the house early in 2014 (winter is my prime sewing time) but after that I'm looking forward to joining the one UFO a Month Club here!

Emma S 11-18-2013 07:51 AM

Asimplelife: Interesting question. I think I will always have a hand work project, that I can do while watching TV and one in the piecing stage. Just want to avoid having fourteen bed size quilts in various stages of completion, like I did at the beginning of the year. Even though the next quilt I work on will be the half way mark (7), its kind of deceptive. I have been working on the ones that are closest to finished so there are some that only have a block or two done so it isn't to late for me to back out of completing them. Feeling very upbeat about the accomplishments this year, starting 2014 in a really good place. Happy about my finishes and feeling less burdened with my backlog.

wildyard 11-21-2013 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yayyyy, I finally get to post a finish. This is my DH's 40th anniversary quilt all done and only a year and 2 months late. LOL. He has been wonderfully patient and understanding about the delay. On our actual 40th anniversary, I hung all the parts I had done on my design wall and showed him. Now he has the whole thing!!!
Each block represents a special memory that I have of our years together.

gramajo 11-21-2013 05:45 PM

:thumbup: What wonderful memories for both of you.

carriem 11-21-2013 05:47 PM

wildyard--that quilt is very special...even if it is a little late!

oksewglad 11-21-2013 07:08 PM

Better late than never--nice job.

nanna-up-north 11-21-2013 08:19 PM

What a lovely quilt, wildyard. 40 years together is special..... and a special quilt is perfect.