Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

carriem 12-26-2013 12:27 PM

Anna--great job finishing up these quilts before the end of the year. I especially like the blue one.

Annaquilts 12-26-2013 12:58 PM

I did some dense quilting but putting the top together was a breeze of course since all the blocks were already made. I would love to see what others make with the swap blocks. I still have to put the Civil War blocks from one of Deb Watkins swaps together also. That one looks promising and I did use two blocks already in making a really cute top that is now on the frame.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6474225)
Anna cute! I recognize some of those poinsettias! Maybe I can finish mine for next year? Very pretty!

Annaquilts 12-26-2013 12:59 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and responses. :D

I have two more quilts, big ones, I got done but I need pictures.

I feel really motivated to get more UFOs done come 2014. I hope I stay focused.

MadQuilter 12-29-2013 12:39 PM

This has probably been asked and answered but I didn't see: Will there be a UFO 2014 thread? I hope so.

Yesterday I decided to address the state of my UFOs and when I stood in front of the leaning tower of tops, I became totally overwhelmed. Instead of just picking one, I slunk into my sewing room and added a final border to a donation quilt top. In essence, I added another UFO to the pile. I need to really pay attention to my poor finished tops next year. Not a resolution - just a fact.

MadQuilter 12-30-2013 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more to check off. It's a community service quilt for my guild. We take them to local hospitals for the children's wards. It started from leftover squares but then I found the center to be too small and boring. So I added the mitered stripe from my stash and really like the way it ended. It's about 35" square. Used the back turned forward for the binding (something I just learned in the Craftsy "Finishing" class) and used a serpentine stitch to do the quilting.

michelleoc 12-30-2013 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]453996[/ATTACH]Comin' Down the Chimney from the Nov/Dec 2012 McCall's Quilting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]453997[/ATTACH]M&M (my addiction!) table topper. The fabric was given to me by a friend.

So, my UFO status - I started with 65 UFOs, and I think I'm down to 45. Nothing like ASimpleLife accomplished, but still!
Great job on the finishes, everyone! Who is starting the thread for 2014? I have to say I have loved the SpongeBob quilt being the first post for 2013 - I always know I'm in the right place. I'm having company for a few days, but am looking forward to checking in at the end of the week.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

oksewglad 12-30-2013 04:14 PM

Nice to see some more finishes. I wish I had more finishes than starts this year. Hopefully next year will be more positive! Yes we need a UFO challenge for 2014.

wildyard 12-30-2013 05:15 PM

I posted the Challenge for 2014, if I did everything right and it makes it past moderation, we'll be up and running in 2014! Look forward to seeing you all there next year! Hugs and smilesssss..............

Annaquilts 01-01-2014 08:54 AM

Michelle and Martina, some nice quilts finished. This thread really helps me in digging up those UFOs and getting them done. I am glad it is continuing.

links123 01-03-2014 04:34 AM

I really dislike UFO designs on quilts. It seems as if some outer planetry object is coming to you. It makes me afraid.