Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

michelleoc 02-28-2013 06:18 AM

Everyone's quilts are lovely! I'm so close...just need to finish the binding on my February UFO. Boy, I'm cutting it pretty close to March!

dublb 02-28-2013 09:21 AM

Ludlowquiltandsew - I bet that sometime in the future the reciepiant will "discover" the butterfly's & be thrilled. It is a lovely quilt! :thumbup: I have a tendency ta git upset when things don't look like I envisioned 'em. I have ta take a step back & "see" it as a whole. I really do like your quilt. The colors are just wonderful.
Gramajo - You'll remember your trip forever now! Such a wonderful quilt!

michelleoc 02-28-2013 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398633[/ATTACH]I made it, just under the wire! I made this quilt using scrap fabrics. The pattern is from McCall's Quick Quilts Oct/Nov 2011 (as you can see, it's been a UFO for a long time!)and the pattern is called Melissa's Maze. Even though I only completed one UFO for February, I did manage to do six BOMs for February, so that's something at least!

wildyard 02-28-2013 10:15 AM

Rose, I love your quilt even if it did shrink on you!
Gramajo, That is an awesome memory quilt. I went there with my sisters a few years ago. Wish I had been a quilter then and perhaps I would have thought to do something similar!

gramajo 02-28-2013 10:36 AM

michelleoc: love the colors in your quilt, so soft and pretty. Congrats on finishing the 6 BOMs.

QuilterMomma 02-28-2013 10:47 AM

WOW! Those are pretty. Love the Farmers Wife, yep can drewal on that one. Yep Gramajo, you will remember that trip more than just in photos, you can cuddle up with those memories. Michelleoc, that is very pretty.

Ring a ling for sure!

dublb 02-28-2013 10:50 AM

michelleoc - How purdy! Is it a DP9 w/unique sashin' & special placement o' colors? Just awesome!

ssnare 02-28-2013 11:02 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is my first big ufo that I just finished. I have been working on it for at least a year. I still need to put the label on. This is the front and back and a close up of the label which is an extra block. It is very warm and comfy. Yahoo!

asimplelife 02-28-2013 11:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Standing Ovation for all the quilts being finished!!! They are all so beautiful, I could just look at pictures of quilts all day long... ssnare Depression blocks are one of my favorites and I love your brights & black!

I finished 3 more UFOs for February yesterday... One little paper pieced table topper (Log Cabin in the Pines) and two more quilts for Project Linus (Scrapped Up Animals & Polka Dot Cats & Dogs).

I realized last night that I've finished over 1/3 of my UFOs - started with 94 on 10/1/12 and now I'm down to 60. With one more month of winter (at least!) in northern Minnesota I'm hoping to be below 50 by April. Then my pace will start to slow down...

michelleoc 02-28-2013 01:13 PM

ssnare - your quilt it just beautiful! The colors are so vibrant.
asimplelife - love your stuff, especially the puppy quilt - so cute!!!