Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

Lara122 03-01-2013 05:53 AM

gosh, these pictures just take my breath away! amazing what talent is here . . . .

congratulations on finishing something, and for such beautiful work!!

<off to try to sew some more today>
;0)

mimiknoxtaylor 03-01-2013 08:37 AM

Great finishes! We had a health crisis arise with DH so spent the last day of Feb dealing with that. (Funny but he's my priority over getting a UFO finished-LOL)
plus it necessitated us going OOT. Oh well, love seeing everyone's finishes and I'm close enough to a finish on this 22 yo UFO that I surly can get it on the March tally.
Y'all are such great inspiration!

Annaquilts 03-01-2013 09:24 AM

Finaly an UFO done

2 Attachment(s)
I have been a busy girl but none of my UFOs got totally completed. This thread motivated me to dig up swap blocks and finnish a quilt. This will be a picnic quilt and is made from blocks in a swap Deb Watkins did.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...174316-24.html
I even added a label. My appologies for the quality of the pictures. DH took them for me on his phone.

gramajo 03-01-2013 12:07 PM

Hey, Annaquilts, you may not have finished a UFO, but you're making great progress!

cannyquilter 03-01-2013 02:08 PM

Had family stay unexpectedly this week so was unable to get into my sewing room then I had a two day trip to the Netherlands so March 1st has arrived without me finishing my UFO. I only have a little bit of quilting to finish and then the binding so should be done by the end of the weekend. Then my UFO challenge for March is to finish the matching twin quilt (top just needs one more border, then sandwich and quilt and binding).

So many beautiful finishes, this thread is really inspiring me to get all my UFOs finished. I have a system and can only start a small project to run along side my finishing so I have the thrill of the new together with the satisfaction of completing the old.

QuilterMomma 03-01-2013 02:13 PM

Nice job Anna, ring that bell girl.

Ssnare, great job girlfriend, you are coming along. Love those colors.

Asimplife, OMG, you are really on a roll, keep it up! So now that you have five new projects to do, what did you pick? :thumbup::shock::hunf:

Foxflower 03-01-2013 07:20 PM

good job with the quilt annasquilts. I especially love that backing fabric. Where'd that come from?

Annaquilts 03-01-2013 08:15 PM

Fellow quilters, thank you for your kind comments. Foxflower, the backing fabric I bought used. I mostly end up with boxes of scraps but in the midst of it was yards of this fabric. I really like it. It might be from 2000 or so. It is very fitting for the back. I am saving the strips left over to cut squares for I Spy Quilts. I gave one strip to my friend to use for kids quilts. The colors are just so happy.

narnianquilter 03-02-2013 07:08 AM

So, I looked at this thread a while ago and was like "Eh, that's not for me!" I am here today eating my words because I realized that my list of projects includes 4 UFOs! So, today I am working to finish the one that's been around the longest, a quilt for my daughter. I started it over 2 years ago!

BoJangles 03-02-2013 07:51 AM

Love everyones finished projects!

Ssnare, I really like the colors in your tied quilt! So bright and purrrrrty! I especially like your choice of border fabric - it makes the quilt pop!

Annaquilts, you did a great job with the swap blocks! Your quilt doesn't even look like a swap block quilt - it all rolls together very smoothly!

Michelleoc, your quilt is very soft and comfy looking! Nice job!

Asimplelife, jeeeeeeeze you are on a roll girl! What great finished projects! You are an inspiration!

Gramajo, very purrrrty Yosemite commorative quilt!
Nancy