Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

deedum 03-15-2013 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lara122 (Post 5919953)
alright - here is the stupid star. "Kindergarten Star" lol. I should have given it away, I was so unhappy finishing it; it is terrible up close!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401084[/ATTACH]
Quilt police do *not* exist, or I would be IN jail! grrr

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401088[/ATTACH]

Don't be to hard on yourself. I really like it. Sometimes the best things in life is the imperfect ones.

asimplelife 03-15-2013 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So glad to see all of the UFO finishes! I took a little break from actual sewing to do some stash organizing over the last week, my closets are a mess and I need to tame them a bit. I'll be posting some results from "Part 1" later in the Mission Organization thread.

Here is Garden Cats which is made from the free Warm Wishes pattern at Quiltmaker.com. UFO Finish #19 this year... 59 UFOs to go...

carriem 03-15-2013 06:47 AM

asimplelife--great job on another finish! I too need to do some reorganizing, but will wait until it gets warmer as I need to move some things out of my "clubhouse" (12x12 shed) and don't want to deal with snow and wet floors.

Emma S 03-15-2013 11:00 AM

Simple life: What a great way to highlight special fabric! Love the colors. Have been wanting to use some grey and purple together. They look gorgeous in your quilt.

michelleoc 03-15-2013 03:28 PM

asimplelife: your quilt is beautiful. You organize away...that will give the rest of us a breather from feeling bad that we aren't getting as much done as you!

qbtexas 03-15-2013 05:02 PM

Asimplelife...love that one! I like how the pattern gives it so much dimension!

asimplelife 03-16-2013 06:34 AM

Thanks everyone! I was going to donate this one to Project Linus like the rest but my husband liked it so much (which is unusual for him to comment on a quilt to begin with!) that I'm going to keep it. There could be a cat loving kid in the family someday right? The cat fabric is so pretty, I wish I had more of it!

DoriDeS 03-16-2013 08:05 AM

Your a nut I love your block!!!! It's pretty and great work!!!

Originally Posted by Lara122 (Post 5919953)
alright - here is the stupid star. "Kindergarten Star" lol. I should have given it away, I was so unhappy finishing it; it is terrible up close!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401084[/ATTACH]
Quilt police do *not* exist, or I would be IN jail! grrr
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401088[/ATTACH]

DoriDeS 03-16-2013 08:12 AM

You really have made some pretty pieces there...I like them. I keep all the things I make that I think look dumb too. Silly us for thinking that cause they are not dumb I love all of them and the weave quilt I wouldn't even attempt that. I still have the first wall hanging that I amde in a quilt class and I tried to hand quilt it didn't work. Then I tried to machine quilt it OMG what a mess. Make pillows they would be cute :o)

QUOTE=Lara122;5920007]I love the twisted log cabin too! tempted . . . . lol

I appreciate the encouragement, but what in the world do I do with these? I would not want to give them to people I know, I would be embarrassed that they'd think it was the best I could do!! lol

my piecework on the green and mauve one is ok, but I finished it terribly! I should seam rip and it and re do it, honestly. =/[/QUOTE]

Emma S 03-16-2013 11:48 AM

Well, finally at the quilting stage on my March UFO. Thank goodness I can't afford to burden a long armer with this one! Points, I don't need no points. Lumps at intersections, have a lot of those. Thread under the white fabric, how can you spend hours making sure all of them are picked off and then use a lint roller and still have a red thread under the white fabric? Where is my galloping horse? Sure going to need him to like this one right now.