Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

Emma S 03-30-2013 06:34 AM

Carrie: Luv the orange and purple together. Its a combination I would like to try someday. Really a cheerful, bright quilt.

asimplelife 03-30-2013 08:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The UFO finishes for March have been so amazing! Way to go EVERYONE!!

I finished 2 more off my list (just 56 more to go!) I'm looking forward to getting below 50... kind of a psychological break through or something like that! Just like I was actually happy when my starting point of 94 didn't break 100. ;)

Charming Stars (UFO Finish #21) was made from 2 charm packs using the "Little Charmers II" pattern by Anka's Treasures. I really love the soft colors and pretty florals in this quilt.

And, stockings 2,3 & 4 (UFO Finish #22) have joined stocking #1 which I finished in December 2012. This was my only UFO I carried over from 2012 (part of the the key to finishing them for me is not creating any more!). They are from a Thimbleberries pattern called "Christmas Patchwork Stockings" and I used all Thimbleberries fabrics and leftover waste triangles from my Thimbleberries tree skirt to make them. They are lined with muslin, have a flannel batting and I used the old fashioned Santa print on stocking #1 for backing them all. It will be a treat to finally have a handmade set of stockings to put out come Christmas time.

narnianquilter 03-30-2013 09:07 AM

Krista- that is wonderful! congrats on getting it all done, it looks great!
Carrie- I love the colors in that quilt! However I know the feeling of wanting to be rid of a quilt...I have had several that I am pleased to see go out the door! Hope your friend likes it!

michelleoc 03-30-2013 09:13 AM

Krista: Your quilt is beautiful.
Carrie: I absolutely love your fabrics together.

Great job everyone. Final two-day push before the new month starts...let's go!!

narnianquilter 03-30-2013 10:54 AM

asimplelife- Great job! I love the stockings, they are on my list to do this year!

wildyard 03-30-2013 02:21 PM

Great finishes everyone!!!! Y'all are amazing, as I say so often!
I am having a great time here in Ohio with my grandbrats, the time is just flying by so fast!
I got the official word that I will be getting my new knee on April 23rd, so I am going to have to really get after that colossal tshirt quilt when I get home! I am determined it will be finished and on it's way home to CA before my surgery!!!

ludlowquiltandsew 03-30-2013 10:45 PM

Carriem your quilt is beautiful. I love the colour range that you've used. I bet your friend from the retreat must be thrilled to bits to be given it.

ladydeluxe 03-31-2013 06:56 AM

Everyone is doing great, what an inspiration! I started the year with 25 UFO's, 2 crib size quilts and the rest are 60 by 80 or larger. I was able to finish 3 this month for a total for 6 an my goal is to complete them all before the end of the year. I have not started any new projects and would really like to finish all UFO's before starting something new.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work.

Emma S 03-31-2013 07:00 AM

Asimplelife: Great finishes! Expecially like the qult but then stars are always my favorite.

michelleoc 03-31-2013 07:59 AM

simple: Great job! The quilt is beautiful, I love the color combination. And the stockings...I love Christmas! Now I need to go try to remember how to make my pictures smaller so I can post my recent finishes here.