Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

dublb 04-24-2013 09:02 PM

Carrie I just keep lookin' at it! It's so purdy! I gotta git my backin' ready so I can start quiltin' mine. :)

Lara122 04-25-2013 03:38 AM

lovely finishes, as always !! great job ladies.

mom-6 04-28-2013 04:22 AM

Got a good portion of the quilting done on the one I had picked as my April project, but that got bumped for one that I feel compelled to do for my friend Janet's daughter Misty who was one of the ones in the apartment complex across from the fertilizer plant. Talked to Janet yesterday and Misty is recovering well.

Emma S 04-28-2013 05:33 AM

Mom6: Seems to me, Misty's was the only choice you could make. Quilts are so comforting, and I am sure after that ordeal it is exactly what she needs. Please show us pictures.
I continue to echo the stars on my April UFO. Rough estimate, there are about 98. Means a lot of hand tieing off of threads. Can't seem to get any rythym going. Complain, complain. I am really okay with my progress.
Interesting thing I have discovered about my UFOs. I stop in just about exactly the same place everytime. It's when I have all the piecing done, and a few of the rows sewn together. Wonder what that is all about.

mom-6 04-28-2013 10:40 AM

Emma - do you think we might be sisters separated by time and place?? I usually get the top done and can't decide if I want to do borders or not. So into the UFO pile they go.

Emma S 04-28-2013 04:23 PM

Mom6: Not the first time I've thought it about you.

asimplelife 05-01-2013 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My last finish for April under the wire last night - Pastel Tulips. The pattern is from "True Friends" by Art to Heart (Nancy Halvorsen). I bought this in a kit and pieced the top back in 2002 (one of my 1st projects) but my applique fear turned it into a UFO.

Finally I can say I'm no longer intimidated by machine applique!

dublb 05-01-2013 05:44 AM

Way ta go asimplelife! No fear here!:thumbup:

Emma S 05-01-2013 06:02 AM

Asimplelife: Love your table runner! Really want to try applique in all its forms. Congrats on the finish and even more on your new skill.
Still quilting stars on my April UFO, although I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just hope its not a train. The quilting on the borders and the binding yet to do.

Foxflower 05-01-2013 10:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I finished 2 table runners this month....they are both Christmas scrappies based off the Flurry pattern by Kate Spain for Moda. It's a free pattern and somewhat addictive. It adapts beautifully to scrappy and using up Christmas scraps. Just a caution...it's easy to get carried away making the presents...

This one is super long for a Christmas table...more than 6 feet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411154[/ATTACH]

This one is more a normal table runner size. I like to add tags to some of them to be personalized to the family whose table it graces. On this one I used scraps and varied the size/style of the present.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411155[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411156[/ATTACH]