Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

mustangquilts 01-02-2014 08:07 AM

I am in. I have at least 12 projects that need to be quilted. Also three that need the applique done on the boarders and than quilted. Looks like I will be busy this year without having to start a new project.

Emma S 01-02-2014 08:43 AM

I'm in, I know this really works. One of things I want to finish is a Christmas quilt, I want to use my embroidery machine (never used) to put some details in the blocks. Clearly I love new starts or I wouldn't have so many UFOs.

createfourpaws 01-02-2014 10:34 AM

without doing a deep look, I can think of at least 10 UFO/PIGS that I need to finish this year. I know there are more, just have to find what bins they are in.

Julie R 01-02-2014 02:04 PM

Hopping aboard the train now. I have 7 charity tops to be quilted and 8 that I have cut and partially put together. Finally got up to the sewing room last night and am getting organized. I have one more bolt of fleece to cut up for hats for Coats for Kids, but then I will be focused on quilting.

wildyard 01-02-2014 02:18 PM

You all are awesome!! How bravely we are facing the projects ahead! If we only think to try finishing one UFO a month, that will be 12 down by the end of the year!
Lots of us can finish a UFO and make a new project in a month.... how fun is that?!

I'm hopping on over to the Therapy thread to make an offer on some blocks... maybe I'll find a taker! :)

Raggiemom 01-02-2014 03:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm in--there were 5 UFOs in my sewing room on New Year's Eve. I finished one yesterday, I just needed to hand sew the hanging sleeve down. Today I finished a quilt for church, picture below. The blocks were all sewn, just needed to be sewn into rows, then assembled and quilted. I did a self-binding and just stitch in the ditch. The three remaining projects will take me a little longer. One is a stained glass applique project, barely started. The second is a paper pieced Mariners Compass wall hanging, barely started. And the third is to finish hand quilting a Christmas wall hanging.

Oh, the second picture attached I finished before Christmas, it's from an invisible applique class Mary Buvia did here in August. Thought it was about time I finished it! :)

michelleoc 01-02-2014 04:55 PM

Happy New Year, everyone! It's nice to see all the names again from last year and new names for 2014. I can attest to the fact that this group is helpful. I finished 20 UFO's last year. Unfortunately, I'm starting this year with 50! I printed a list and put it up on the wall and plan to cross off each one when it's finished and posted here. I love to look at the list during the year as it gets more and more stuff crossed out!

Heather - great quilts and fabulous start, considering it's only the 2nd of January. Keep up the great work!

Michelle

Quiltgrammy 01-02-2014 08:06 PM

Happy New Year! Count me in. I'm not sure how many I have but there are several. Just got a new Brother PQ1500s for my birthday so with three machines I really won't have any excuse not to get 'em done!

asimplelife 01-02-2014 08:20 PM

Way to go Raggiemom! I love the colors in your Church quilt and the elf is adorable!

One UFO at a time... Pick one and get started. It can become addicting and fun!

QltrSue 01-03-2014 04:20 AM

Mad quilter, I love your woven hearts. Great setting! And Raggiemom, such a cute Elf!