Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

omacookie 01-01-2014 03:01 PM

Count me in for 2014. I have 4 crib quilts in progress and 3 Christmas ones also. If I moved stuff I am sure that I could find some more. Happy New Year.

carrieg 01-01-2014 05:22 PM

Ok, I am in! I know I have several tops that I want to sandwich & quilt myself. I have been working on improving my FMQ, so this will help that too.

asimplelife 01-01-2014 05:45 PM

I just added the Sister Thread in the main forum with some photos... let's get hopping on our UFOs everyone!

YukonViv 01-01-2014 05:59 PM

I don't have a headcount, but pretty much everything is a UFO at the moment. I realized I even have two UFOs at my friend's house for when we get together to sew. Isn't that terrible?

I am so in.

asimplelife 01-01-2014 06:11 PM

I ended 2013 with 28 UFOs. After rolling over my 2013 WIPs and some MIA UFOs I recently found I am starting 2014 with a list of 43 UFOs. Needless to say I'll be hanging around here all year! It's fun to see all the new names joining in too... you will find lots of encouragement when you start posting your finishes.

Boston1954 01-01-2014 06:36 PM

I have quite a few, and would like to get some done. Don't know if I will succeed, but maybe I can, at least, get some encouragement.

oksewglad 01-01-2014 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by asimplelife (Post 6486998)
I ended 2013 with 28 UFOs. After rolling over my 2013 WIPs and some MIA UFOs I recently found I am starting 2014 with a list of 43 UFOs. Needless to say I'll be hanging around here all year! It's fun to see all the new names joining in too... you will find lots of encouragement when you start posting your finishes.

And here we thought you were all caught up! Liked your YIReview on your blog.

QltrSue 01-02-2014 05:28 AM

Ok, so three steps into the sewing room and I have a list of TEN projects before I even really started looking!!! What is the matter with me! I loved them when I first started them, but somehow got derailed. Hmmm...think I'll focus on these to get underway and then when I get my "big girl panties"on, I'll have the courage to sort through to find the rest. That's my plan for now.
On another note, I'm a little confused about the two threads. Is this one just for finished items? So should my comments have been posted on the other thread? Thanks for listening!

asimplelife 01-02-2014 07:49 AM

It is a bit confusing... Last year the sister thread was in the Main forum but one of the mods moved it here.

This thread is for posting finish photos and the related oohs, aahs and way to gos!

The sister thread is about UFOs that you are working on. It's a great place to get ideas, get inspired or ask for opinions on how to keep your UFO moving forward. There really aren't any rules and it's a laid back group of supportive quilters.

It will all sort itself out as we get going. No worries! Just pick a UFO and get started!

asimplelife 01-02-2014 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6487091)
And here we thought you were all caught up! Liked your YIReview on your blog.

Thank you and LOL at being caught up! With my UFO history I feel pretty on top of things but am aiming for 10-15 projects mixing UFOs and WIPs at any given time. I like to work on multiple projects at different stages and of varying complexity. I'll always have UFOs but they won't be guilt inducing!