Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

Emma S 01-15-2014 05:45 AM

AC: Good luck. Please show us before you send it off.
I am still working on the mystery quilt done by Bonnie Hunter. My resolution is to not have any new UFOs and to put a dent in the prior ones. After I finish hers I will complete at least one UFO. Its looking like that may be a Feb goal.
Marina: Just have to say again how much I truly love your recent finish. I keep coming across it and have to stop and admire.

NanaAC 01-15-2014 07:08 PM

Emma: Will do. I've been working out a pieced boarder on a baby quilt. It's only pieced because I ran short on the fabric. Oh well, necessity is the mother of creativity. :)

SandyinZ4 01-15-2014 07:33 PM

I am joining this. I did not do so well last year but UFO's are my goal for this new year...that and a fabric moratorium unless I absolutely do not have what I need. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's UFO's come to completion...including some of mine! Thanks for doing this for another year!

Podunk Princess 01-16-2014 07:39 AM

Just like Emma, I'm trying to finish up Celtic Solstice before working on UFO's. I really don't want CS to become a UFO with the others. I got all the blocks and rows sewn together yesterday and now just have to add the borders before starting the quilting so I'm almost there. I will have one minor detour, though. Got a call from my quilter yesterday and she finally finished one of my quilts that I dropped off before Thanksgiving (thought she'd never get it done). I'm going to have to drop everything and sew the binding on this one today because it's a quilt I made for my husband and he's anxiously awaiting its completion. Since his quilt is on my list of UFO's, I will have completed one of the twelve on my list by the end of this week.......making progress!

NanaAC 01-17-2014 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished the quilt top I was working on! And yes, this one counts as I will be handing it off to get quilted. :) It started as a bag of squares that came from a friend. After a suitable aging time I made it into nine patches and then added sashing and cornerstones. A bit more time to "ripen" was followed by an inner border and more rest. After finally finding the perfect color border, I discovered that there wasn't enough. So, after some slicing and splicing, the quilt you see here is the result. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]457140[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 01-17-2014 09:56 PM

Good cheese is well aged as well. Good job!

NanaAC 01-17-2014 10:19 PM

Lol Thanks. :D

Emma S 01-18-2014 05:47 AM

AC: A really fine quilt. So amazing that it was partially given to you and yet you made it look like it was planned from the very beginning. Congrats on the finish.

Fraew 01-18-2014 06:45 AM

Love how the aging process turned out NanaAC. Great story. :D

kristakz 01-18-2014 06:46 AM

It's not a quilt, but I'm taking credit for this UFO :) I've had a set of king-size sheets in my closet for over 7 years (ever since I downsized to a queen bed after my divorce). Yesterday, I pulled it out and re-did two of the corners to make the fitted sheet the right size for my bed. One less useless piece of clutter in my closet, and one more set of sheets for my bed!