Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

Fraew 07-20-2014 07:40 AM

Lovely Irish chain! :thumbup:

michelleoc 07-20-2014 07:48 AM

More great finishes! It looks like people are really staying on track with the UFOs. Beautiful quilts, by the way.

tlambing 07-20-2014 01:21 PM

I dropped off 4 at the quilters on Thursday. 2 that are ufo finishes and 2 smaller little boy quilts that were commissioned by my uncle. Feels so good to have finished(almost) something that's been waiting!

Thanks for sharing you pics everyone. It's so inspiring :)

nanna-up-north 07-20-2014 02:10 PM

Way to go, tlambing. I don't think I've ever gotten 4 done at one time. That's fantastic. And, I totally agree with you that it is a special feeling to have a quilt, or quilts finished. I don't know how many UFOs you had when you joined in on this site but the pile must be getting way smaller.

nena 07-22-2014 07:10 AM

Retired teacher, great idea for scraps. Someone is going to be a very happy camper.

Jwardknits. Love your Irish chain quilt. Would love to do one.

tlambing 07-23-2014 01:19 PM

I think I counted 4 more UFO's :( And, I've joined a Janiacs group! Oh me...... That's alright, I WILL finish these ufo's before it starts in January! I will, I will, I will :thumbup:

michelleoc 07-25-2014 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484914[/ATTACH]I started this quilt (called Carol's Cross) in 2006. I decided to leave off the appliqued border because I just wanted to be done with it!! I'm disappointed in the fabrics I chose, not enough contrast between the two colors. Oh well, live and learn and at least I can cross it off my list!

carriem 07-25-2014 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
michelleoc--pretty quilt. I can pick out the cross.

Here is a UFO I've been working on and off for almost a year. It is for someone else. I am not crazy about her choice of fabrics, but I am sure she will love it. The kite and pansy are symbols from her sorority...colors too.

Next will be fixing a quilt for a friend and then quilting the bright colored quilt for my nephew.

retiredteacher09 07-25-2014 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love seeing the finished UFO's. Here's another top from one of my boxes of precut squares from my church group.

I'm considering these precut squares UFO's because there has been a specific plan for them since I brought them home a couple years ago.

Connie

nanna-up-north 07-27-2014 05:21 AM

Wow, everyone is getting busy all at once. I need to catch up on your beautiful quilts.

Michelleoc- I think your quilt is adorable. The colors are soft and inviting.... the way you want a cross to be. My mom would have loved this one. It has a wonderful calming effect.

Carriem- The quilt you've made for your friend does has a different look to it. But it is a pleasing look.... just not your style. I'm not one for modern quilts either although I'm working on a couple for nephews right now. Making quilts for others is always a challenge for me. I have a hard time staying on task when it's a quilt that's not my style.

retiredteacher09- Congrats on getting another of those scrappy quilts finished. Is your pile of squares getting smaller? I would think so. If you're like me, a box of blocks or squares tugs me to empty the box. I don't know if that's good or bad but I really like to get things completed. I really love getting quilts DONE!!