Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

kristakz 08-17-2014 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by jwardknits (Post 6849086)
I got a couple more UFO's done. I completed the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt Celtic Solstice and a jean quilt for a friend.

Beautiful Celtic Solstice, jwardknits. I just finished mine today too. I'll try to get a picture in the daylight tomorrow and post it here. (Yah, finally a UFO to report as done)

Emma S 08-18-2014 06:25 AM

J: Great finishes. This last week I sandwiched my Celtic Solstice, I know how labor intensive that one is. What did you back the Denim quilt with? Congrats on finishing two more UFOs.

carriem 08-18-2014 01:11 PM

Pretty quilts posted over the weekend!! I will have a finished quilt by the end of the month. I need it for an early September birthday so it *has* to be done. :)

kristakz 08-18-2014 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Done! I finished my celtic solstice over the weekend, and put the binding on last night. Machine bound, but you do what you gotta do :)
I made a small version - about 1/2 the blocks. And I changed up the border, mostly to avoid making yet more flying geese.

This one will get added to the charity pile, which I really need to find some time to drop off.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488150[/ATTACH]

carriem 08-18-2014 01:40 PM

I like the orange in the border...great way to finish it off. :)

jwardknits 08-18-2014 03:28 PM

Krista, I love your quilt. That had to be one of the hardest quilts I have done. Your colors are beautiful.

jwardknits 08-18-2014 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use a Snuggle flannel and flannel shirting for my backing. I layer them together and attach. I find jean quilts so heavy and it seems like you can feel each seam but the combo of the flannels help. I use a black and white shirting flannel on this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488173[/ATTACH]

michelleoc 08-18-2014 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Celtic Solstice quilts are just beautiful. That's one I'll never be brave enough to do. Wonderful work jward and Krista!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]488181[/ATTACH]Party of Four from McCall's Quick Quilts, December/January 2013. It says "a super-fast throw for winter cuddling." I think that's only true if you ACTUALLY work on it!! Turqoise minky on the back, the corners of the binding were a nightmare!!

Emma S 08-19-2014 06:04 AM

J: Thanks for the peek at the back. Never thought about those bulky seams, flannel seems like a good alternative. Michelle: LOL, I think your right, if you don't work on it no quilt is fast. You really get a lot of bang with that pattern because of the colors. Congrats on the finish!

SandyinZ4 08-19-2014 05:19 PM

Love the Celtic Solstice finished ones. Someday (sigh) mine will be done. Also, the denim quilt looks great. I have one of those started too. But, like all of you, I keep plugging away on that ufo pile. Love seeing all the pictures of finishes!