Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237910.html)

nanna-up-north 02-07-2014 09:54 AM

Crafty-kid, great arrangement of the blocks. That must have been challenging. Did you applique the blocks on or did you sew sashing between them? It's one of the nicest t-shirt quilts I've seen. Great job.

Raggiemom 02-07-2014 03:46 PM

crafty-kid, congrats on completing four UFOs so far!

crafty-kid 02-07-2014 03:57 PM

Nanna-up-north...it's not appliqued. I am amazed it worked out as well as it did. Once I cut the t-shirts and put them on the dinning table, I arranged the way I thought it looked best. Then I just added sashing to each with fabric I had on hand. I went from there and it worked out....my daughter picked out the yellow 'star' material and thought that should be the background. It is a loose quilted quilt.....in other words it is more like a tied quilt, so it will be comfy one to snuggle with.

oksewglad 02-07-2014 06:16 PM

Nice t shirt quilt, crafty kid!

YukonViv 02-08-2014 08:37 PM

Anyone want to jump up and down with me? Oh what a fabulous year so far, I'm so glad I decided to concentrate on UFOs.

This past week I sewed the binding on a Christmas quilt (about 2 years old). This weekend I quilted a lap quilt and have moved it to the to be bound pile. And now I have finished quilting another quilt (this top I finished over the Xmas holidays last year) and have sewn on the binding. Now just to hand sew the binding down on the two and throw them in the wash. Yay!!!

oksewglad 02-08-2014 08:55 PM

YukonViv you are on a roll. Keep it up!

bcross 02-09-2014 02:19 AM

I want to join. I have 15 UFOS left on this year's list as I finished some last month. This month I' m binding 2 queen
Size quilts in addition to new projects.

J.M. 02-09-2014 03:28 AM

I've finished the first two practical lessons of Harriet Hargrave's Quilter's Academy Vol. 1. Neither of the tops are finished yet - the first lesson was just the center of a sampler and the second one still needs borders, which isn't until later in the book. But I'm counting it because the lessons are finished.

For the center of Carrie's sampler quilt, I actually made two, one in red and one in green. The plan is to make a reversible quilt, green on one side and red on the other. It turned out pretty well for a first-ever project on the sewing machine.

The green one looks better in real life, something in the fabric made it shine much more when taking a picture, leading to less contrast in the picture.

Next up was the first full top in lesson seven of class 130. There were two options, Harriet's Woodland Winter quilt or Carrie's Cowboy Corral. I went with the second option because I wanted to try out fussy cutting fabric. I let my mother pick the fabrics, since the quilts going to be for her. I'm calling this quilt "Tulip Garden" (or in Dutch: Tulpentuin).

Emma S 02-09-2014 06:40 AM

Congrats on the finishes. If I remember right you did good last year too.

J.M. 02-09-2014 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6564174)
Congrats on the finishes. If I remember right you did good last year too.

Well, depends on what you call good. I finished a top I started in 2010, but that was my only finish of the year. :D