Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

oksewglad 01-11-2015 08:19 AM

Love your stash quilt, kristakz! Striking is the word for sure.

sunrise450 01-11-2015 09:01 AM

Your quilt is beautiful, kristakz. I am starting the mystery train ride and using what I have on hand. I have been gathering just my scraps together and am amazed at what I have! A little embarrassed also. I should never have let this happen!

jolo 01-11-2015 09:19 AM

I joined last year and it helped to reduce my stash only a little. I swear mine increased at nights while I slept. lol. I did only scrappy quilts and want to continue in this all of this year. I just finished B Hunters MQ and would you believe I still dont miss any scraps. Now I have started Judy's #8 mystery train ride. Hope that will help some too. BUT I may have to buy backings and I know I will have to get batting. Oh well.......

jolo 01-11-2015 09:36 AM

Have to add a PS. I live next door to a fabric shop and the owner is an enabler. lol!!!!!

retiredteacher09 01-11-2015 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used a total of 5 yards from my stash of pre quilted double sided fabric to finish the sandwich part of these baby quilts. I'm happy! :)

Connie

MadQuilter 01-11-2015 05:34 PM

What a great quilt, kristakz. It is stunning.

teacher09 you found the perfect use for leftovers.

I on the other hand deserve 10 lashes with a wet noodle. Went to the LQS yesterday because I needed to buy more FQs for the FQ birthday swap. I had already bought some of them previously but then I cleaned my stash. While there, a Moda red-white-and-free jelly roll found its way in my possession. Not quite sure how that happened. I guess I needed to release some estrogen since we were going to the Sportsman's Expo right after and I would be in testosterone hell for the afternoon. Yes, that's it! Hormonal rescue shopping.

SandyinZ4 01-11-2015 06:34 PM

Martina, You get a pass...if only to release that estrogen. I personally would give you a pass any day for anything red and white...free or not!

MadQuilter 01-11-2015 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 7044086)
Martina, You get a pass...if only to release that estrogen. I personally would give you a pass any day for anything red and white...free or not!

Thanks, Sandy. No - the jelly roll wasn't free. The fabric line is called red-white-and-free.

oksewglad 01-11-2015 07:02 PM

Great use of stash fabric, retiredteacher09.

Hcim55 01-12-2015 12:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Had all this fabric all these magazines....thought...hmmmm...why don't I match some fabric with some of these patterns in some of these magazines....what a concept...LOL. This is called Animal Crackers from the spring 2012 Quilts and More magazine. Fabric is all from my stash. Size is 42.5 X 50.5 and will be used to hide a very ugly renovated wall that just doesn't seem to ever get finished...LOL photo was taken by iPad and does not show how vibrant or the pattern of the material very well at all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505800[/ATTACH]