Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

tkhooper 08-08-2015 05:08 AM

excellent solution, can't wait to see the flimsie.

You're right I didn't have any stash for speciality fabrics. I finished the design this morning and plan to start transferring it to freezer some time next week.

I'm also binding the "Attack Cat" quilt. I'm so glad that I got this far on it. There for awhile I thought it might become a ufo.

And I haven't started the community quilt yet but as soon as the cat comes off the table I'll layer and baste it.

MadQuilter 08-08-2015 10:19 AM

I am starting to scare myself. DH asked me if I wanted to leave early on our day trip so we can scope out an LQS when we get to our destination. I said no without even a hesitation. On some level that is really sad on another, there is hope for me yet. lol

MadQuilter 08-09-2015 12:30 AM

I totally forgot that our excursion was going to take us by one of my favorite quilt stores so I was a little mad at myself BUT I stayed the course and we didn't stop. Sigh! Unfortunately the rest of the date was an unmitigated disaster so I might have to do something that. Don't we have a hurt feelings clause?

Emma S 08-09-2015 03:49 AM

Martina: While I can't site the historical precedent I'm sure that we do have that dispensation. Sorry your visit wasn't what it should have been.

elly66 08-09-2015 05:23 AM

I can understand where sometimes a hurt feelings clause might be needed. Sorry your trip wasn't good.

tk - what a great name for a quilt "attack cat".

MadQuilter 08-09-2015 11:19 AM

So I decided to put on my big-girl panties and get over myself. Woke up this morning and had a good laugh about yesterday. Now I am going to play in my room and enjoy the colorful stash that awaits me.

Emma S 08-09-2015 01:20 PM

Martina: So glad your shrugging it off. When people are rude or unfeeling its almost always more about their baggage.

tkhooper 08-10-2015 05:08 AM

Glad you had a pair of big girl panties around for the occasion. Enjoy your stash, you deserve a play day.

Believe it or not the whole cloth actually says attack cat on duty. With a picture of an orange tabby on the front. It looks very much like my cat and I love it.

I finished the binding today so I'm all about getting started on the community quilt on Wednesday. Wish me luck.

elly66 08-11-2015 04:30 AM

Sounds cute tk. Will have to look up the attack cat as I have an orange tabby as well. Northcott Old Time Christmas panel has orange cat in the border which I love.

Lori S 08-11-2015 05:59 AM

I am confessing ... I fell and fell hard.... but I am as excited for the fabrics to arrive as a child waiting for Christmas morning. It was a huge sale and top fabrics...I did purchase large enough for backings..... so maybe there is some forgiveness. In my defense I have been sewing up a storm getting ready for a art/craft show and I was feeling like I needed some fresh fabrics to motivate and keep me going. I will earn all of the money back at the show but.... it was intent in this fabric fasting was to significantly reduce my stash. I am wondering will the excitement over fresh fabrics shortly be replaced with buyers remorse??? Any one here fallen and regretted???