Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-ufo-challenge-month-t258962.html)

Beebonnet 04-30-2015 06:50 AM

Forgot to say....the Mystery quilt is wonderful. I love that pattern and the colors in it. That would be a fun one to make.

tkhooper 05-02-2015 08:01 AM

I have begun machine quilting the sampler. That laying it over your left shoulder is going to take some practice. This one I am using the walking foot on and stitching in the ditch. I hope to be finished with it at the end of the week. Then it will be on to my first binding.

Of course I have designed the 3 window quilts for the bay window and have bought the fabrics for the tops and have enlarged the first set of drawings for the first appliqued block. So I guess I'm actually loosing ground. But I'm working everyday on the quilts. About 2 hours worth.

weasier22 05-07-2015 01:28 PM

UFO finished....

3 Attachment(s)
Finally finished a quilt!! Had this one started as a lap quilt for my car, but I found out about a fundraiser for the National Parkinson Foundation being held in our local community. Time was short and this was a lap quilt, so I had time to finish this small UFO. My Dad suffered with this terrible disease so it's also in honor of him. There's going to be a big book sale along with items donated for the raffle. I hope they raise lots of money.

Sherryquilts 05-07-2015 03:20 PM

Beautiful quilt Weasie!

Emma S 05-07-2015 03:34 PM

Weasie: Love your quilt, both front and back! Hope it brings in a lot of money.

oksewglad 05-07-2015 03:41 PM

If they don't like the front...they will like the back...either way a very nice quilt...I like the simple cross hatch quilting..Score a big one for you...a UFO for a cause, Weasie.

WMUTeach 05-07-2015 11:12 PM

Lovely colors and I like the simple quilting. The beauty of the blocks shines through.

Katie Bock 05-08-2015 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ladies,Thank You all for allowing me to join in on this fun challenge.This is my second quilt finish for 2015.The quilt is named Garden Blooms,and it is from a the Vine Wreath pattern out of the book Butterflies and Blooms by Carol Armstrong.Happy Quilting.Hugs Katie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519185[/ATTACH]

SandyinZ4 05-08-2015 08:06 PM

WooHoo! Two more finishes. Hoping I can add one next week after I get the binding on my TATW. Got it back from LA-er yesterday and she did a fabulous job, as usual. Plus, I am working on a selvedge jacket made with a sweatshirt as the foundation. Almost done with sleeves and half of back. Then only will have the front two pieces and rest of back plus sewing it back together. Then fingers crossed that it fits! This will be my 3rd attempt. Both of the previous ones turned out too small with no stretch by the time I sewed the strips on. This time, I found a huge XL sweatshirt, which has been on the shelf as a ufo for about 9 months, so hoping it will be a success.

tkhooper 05-09-2015 05:17 AM

Love the quilts. Agree that the back of the one is as nice as the front. Hope everyone keeps working hard.