Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-fabric-moratorium-t273964.html)

Coloradowest 01-11-2016 05:24 PM

I never have did a charity quilts. I have given my doctor a quilt Several years ago and he was still talking about it week before Xmas . 16 patch scrap quilt. I do not do fancy. My age and health I do not want to make a commitment on it. Thank you.

tkhooper 01-12-2016 02:47 AM

Wish me luck all. I go into town today to the queen bees. The trick is to come home with less than I go with, or at least not more lol.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

elly66 01-12-2016 05:29 AM

tkhooper - Good luck - that sounds pretty tempting. Lovely blocks Martina.

I've never returned fabric either. Good to know that some might if ever needed.

PaperPrincess 01-12-2016 06:03 AM

Everyone is doing so well! Lots of inventory reduction sales around, but I'm trying to be good. Club meeting at the LQS next week. We will see how my resolve lasts.
Krystyna: Wow! I am totally impressed. I would look at this as a get-out-of-jail free card if you do slip up later this year. I might be the Paper Princess, but I'm the Queen of Rationalization when it comes to fabric purchases!
Martina: thanks! I might have to do that one. I have at least one jelly roll laying around here. Maybe Christmas colors?

QltrSue 01-12-2016 10:13 AM

Help!Help!Help! I need some emergency resistance therapy!! So, I've been very good since taking the Moratorium pledge. Stayed out of fabric stores; no purchases on the web (even though I looked); working on my UFOs everyday and continuing to organize and use my stash. So what comes in the e-mail this a.m.???? A new BOM from Lynette Jensen/Thimbleberries on Craftsy which is free!!! (8 lessons and pattern). The kit for the queen sized quilt is $149 (30% off). I absolutely LOVE T/berries and would love to do it, but should I??? Several of my UFOs are T/berries, waiting to be quilted; I really don't need another big quilt; the fabrics ar so cute and fresh...and it would be fun to get back into working with Lynette's patterns and fabrics. I do have a pretty good stash of T/berries fabrics already and could do the BOM with my own stash....What do you think? Thanks for any perspective you can give me on this.

AUQuilter 01-12-2016 10:32 AM

QltrSue, I too looked at the LJ TB kit on Craftsy (for a few days it was $119) and decided I didn't need another big quilt either. I finally finished a TB sampler - UFO lingering for about 1.5 years, just got back a TB small throw from LAQ yet to be bound, one TB top that still needs to go to quilter and still have a few TB projects lingering in the UFO, yet to be started and some to be planned from the TB fabric I have in stash. So I talked myself out of it...I have lots of her books and will concentrate on small projects using stash. Maybe that would also work for you. Good Luck!

JenniePenny 01-12-2016 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by QltrSue (Post 7431800)
Help!Help!Help! I need some emergency resistance therapy!! So, I've been very good since taking the Moratorium pledge. Stayed out of fabric stores; no purchases on the web (even though I looked); working on my UFOs everyday and continuing to organize and use my stash. So what comes in the e-mail this a.m.???? A new BOM from Lynette Jensen/Thimbleberries on Craftsy which is free!!! (8 lessons and pattern). The kit for the queen sized quilt is $149 (30% off). I absolutely LOVE T/berries and would love to do it, but should I??? Several of my UFOs are T/berries, waiting to be quilted; I really don't need another big quilt; the fabrics ar so cute and fresh...and it would be fun to get back into working with Lynette's patterns and fabrics. I do have a pretty good stash of T/berries fabrics already and could do the BOM with my own stash....What do you think? Thanks for any perspective you can give me on this.

Hi, Maybe just allow yourself a yard or so each of 2 fabrics, not the whole kit? Then you can possibly mix those with your stash? Then your quilt would be different and unique.

orangeroom 01-12-2016 10:50 AM

Yeah, um this is not for me. I wish you all good luck with your goals, whatever they be. I absolutely LOVE this site though!

MadQuilter 01-12-2016 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by orangeroom (Post 7431836)
Yeah, um this is not for me. I wish you all good luck with your goals, whatever they be. I absolutely LOVE this site though!

It is good to know what does AND WHAT DOESN'T work for yourself. Happy shopping :)

MadQuilter 01-12-2016 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by QltrSue (Post 7431800)
Help!Help!Help! I need some emergency resistance therapy!!

Projects go on sale all the time. If you don't get this one there will be another one before you know it. How about focusing on the FINISH of one of the other T-berry quilts instead, then you can decide if you deserve a reward. Just saying.....