Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-fabric-moratorium-t273964.html)

VaQuiltgal 01-12-2016 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter (Post 7421910)
I want to join. I was trying to straighten my stash yesterday and it was impossible. I don't have room for all of it. I have to stop buying now.

That's me, too. Have way too much fabric but I tend to love it all and have a hard time getting rid of any of it. Haven't bought any fabric yet this year! Twelve days, so far!

PaperPrincess 01-12-2016 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by QltrSue (Post 7431800)
Help!Help!Help! I need some emergency resistance therapy!! ... I do have a pretty good stash of T/berries fabrics already and could do the BOM with my own stash....What do you think? Thanks for any perspective you can give me on this.

I agree with Jennie Pennie. Look at the new fabrics and purchase your favorite one or two to supplement your stash. If nothing else, make sure you get all the patterns as they are posted. You could make a smaller version with fewer blocks.

oksewglad 01-12-2016 04:24 PM

I agree with your advice to Jennie....not only would you use stash fabric, but the quilt becomes one of a kind.....

QltrSue 01-13-2016 05:23 AM

Whew!! Sanity and reason have returned, thanks to all of your helpful comments. I have plenty of T/berries projects to finish. And if I do sign up for the free BOM , just to keep it in reference , I can use my own fabrics. In the future. Maybe. When I've finished up some of the others!! :)

Thanks so much for the emergency resistance therapy and support.:thumbup:

sunrise450 01-13-2016 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7421504)
I really need to join in this group! My stash grew by a huge amount in 2015 as I got sucked into the "sales" from several online fabric retailers. Most are all lovely and ones that I can use---but I just over bought in quantity. How do you all handle the fabric deal emails??? I guess I should try to unsubscribe or delete them without opening them. I feel like an addict!

Oh, I did the same thing! I was real good the first part of the year then came the sales! Got an excuse though, I fell off the wagon and hit my head. Was in a daze and forgot to be good and started buying! And buying. And then bought some more! So, can I join up? I promise to be good and hang on so I don't fall of the wagon. I have also joined up with the ufo board and I think with having to answer to both boards I can do it!

Battle Axe 01-13-2016 07:11 AM

I really need this. I have a wandering mind, so if I tell myself that I must eat yogurt, WHICH I REALLY DO NOT LIKE, while buying fabric (on line) then I will probably lose some weight and not buy as much. It took me two days to eat one Oikos Greek Yogurt cup. But I did not buy any fabric.

Instead, I must decide where to hide my stash of bolts. I'm having a party for my Master Gardener's class in August and it must be hidden by then.

Shame on Jenny Doan MSQC for offering such deals.

PaperPrincess 01-13-2016 10:22 AM

Well, I made it 12 whole days! Maybe it's something to do with today being the 13th? I just finished a small throw top and decided to try a minkee backing, which I don't have. I gave myself a stern talking to on the way over to the LQS: 1.5 yards of minkee. That's it. No looking at anything else. Do not go into the markdown room. Went straight over to the minkee and they only had a selection of 3 colors: pink, blue & white, none of which will work. Oh good, won't even buy that. That's when I saw it. A sign. "All Fabric $8.99". Everything. Batiks, lovely name brand fabrics, and WIDE BACKING, all the same price!!! I've been deleting all my quilty emails so didn't even know this sale was going on. I got a couple, I mean a few, well more like several, OK lots of yards of neutral wide backing. Could not pass it up at that price.

tkhooper 01-13-2016 10:55 AM

welcome sunrise. I think you can do it too. I also belong to the UFO board.

oksewglad 01-13-2016 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 7432784)
Well, I made it 12 whole days! Maybe it's something to do with today being the 13th? I just finished a small throw top and decided to try a minkee backing, which I don't have. I gave myself a stern talking to on the way over to the LQS: 1.5 yards of minkee. That's it. No looking at anything else. Do not go into the markdown room. Went straight over to the minkee and they only had a selection of 3 colors: pink, blue & white, none of which will work. Oh good, won't even buy that. That's when I saw it. A sign. "All Fabric $8.99". Everything. Batiks, lovely name brand fabrics, and WIDE BACKING, all the same price!!! I've been deleting all my quilty emails so didn't even know this sale was going on. I got a couple, I mean a few, well more like several, OK lots of yards of neutral wide backing. Could not pass it up at that price.

Sounds like you can finish a bunch of UFO'S and WIP's...I say good for you....

MadQuilter 01-13-2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 7432784)
I got a couple, I mean a few, well more like several, OK lots of yards of neutral wide backing.

I love to take that trip with you from denial until reality hits. You slay me, princess.