Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

Anoka Quilter 02-02-2016 02:10 PM

QuilterMomma~

I really love the Snowman Block Swap quilt. I am sure that was a really fun swap.

I did the Halloween one a couple years ago and still have the blocks hanging out to be made into a quilt. Will have to think about whether I want to consider that at UFO or not. I haven't done anything with it since I got the blocks :(

Also your other January finished a really cute. What great child quilts.

I liked the way you listed the items you want to complete for February. Here are my February goals:
King Size Bed Quilt - Will be 2 years come March (piecing/quilting/binding)
Queen Christmas Quilt - At least 6 years if not more (surging and binding)
Christmas Table Runner - 3 years (surging and binding)

If I got those three items done in February I will be one happy quilter.

joe'smom 02-02-2016 02:54 PM

Beautiful quilts, QuilterMomma!

QltrSue 02-02-2016 04:10 PM

Thanks for the reply, Rob. Keep up the great work!

OOOOH, CarrieM: Your blocks are exquisite. Wonderful color combo and fabrics.

QuilterMomma: Those finishes are awesome! Love the snowman quilt--such fun to see all the different blocks. Admire your goal-setting and determination! Way to go.

Janice McC 02-02-2016 05:10 PM

Just an FYI before those of you who don't have enough projects in the works (who, us?) and enjoy "scrappy", the 2016/2017 Birthday candy swap sign-ups are open. Barbarakibler23 runs an excellent swap. If you are interested, here's the link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...s-t274596.html

Read the first post for a complete description and for Barb's rules. There are still some openings.

Janice McC 02-02-2016 05:18 PM

Quiltermomma, wonderful quilts! Maybe you didn't think the monkey turned out as well as you'd hoped, but I think he's absolutely darling. And the snowmen are beautiful. Thank you for sharing all your fine work with us. I also like your detailed goals/plans. My DH always says if you don't have a plan, you'll end up somewhere else. You clearly have a plan so we'll be seeing you repeatedly on the finish line!

Plee1053 02-02-2016 06:12 PM

I would like to join this UFO Challenge. I already completed one in January from 2 years ago. I think I have 4 left. One is at least 8-10 years old. Found it while cleaning out my garage. It was in a huge box along with so much other fabric. Then hubby opened a huge plastic toy box someone gave me years ago and guess what? More fabric!😬😬 I gave a lot of it away. That didn't come close to the yards and yards that fill my sewing room! Praying God deliver me from buying more fabric! Has to start tomorrow as I just bought a piece today! Such an addiction! Can't go cold turkey! 😱

MadQuilter 02-02-2016 07:39 PM

QuilterMomma - your quilts are so pretty. Love the snowmen - great when the swap blocks come together.

tkhooper 02-02-2016 10:45 PM

I'm hoping to get 4 projects done: Christmas Heart Tablerunner - quilted, Black & White Star Flower - pieced/quilted/bound, Christmas Lighted Wreath Wallhanging - quilted/lighted/put in hanger, Dad's Go Navy Quilt - pieced/quilted/bound.

beckyw 02-03-2016 05:09 AM

really nice quilts. Want to make a snowman quilt.

Anoka Quilter 02-03-2016 06:33 AM

I also have a Christmas Lighted piece that I need to finish, but mine is a tree and is quilted. I just need to put in the lights, add sleeve and pockets for battery packs and bind.

Originally Posted by tkhooper (Post 7454384)
I'm hoping to get 4 projects done: Christmas Heart Tablerunner - quilted, Black & White Star Flower - pieced/quilted/bound, Christmas Lighted Wreath Wallhanging - quilted/lighted/put in hanger, Dad's Go Navy Quilt - pieced/quilted/bound.