Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-fabric-moratorium-t284776.html)

MadQuilter 02-05-2017 10:31 AM

I spent time going through some magazines yesterday and tagged 2 patterns I want to make. It's fun to go through the stash and find FQs that will work.

LTeachergeorge 02-05-2017 12:36 PM

I'm taking a colorwash class on Thursday requiring a jelly roll, and looked to see if I had one. Amazingly, I have a choice of three, one even has coordinating fabric for the borders. Yea, me!!! Thank you so much for your encouragement, everyone!!

Linda in Missouri

happylab 02-05-2017 05:03 PM

I'm a member of both threads too. I seem to do better with this site than finishing up on UFOs. I have started or going to start 5 new projects this year. So far all of the projects will use up my stash piles. I may start a quilt a-long with the Bd swap that she stated she would do this year.
The 1st project is to complete step #7 on Bonnie Hunter's mystery of this year. I figure another month to complete.
My next project to start the temperature quilt. I have figured out my colors code and have January temps written down. Just need to pick out 22 pieces of fabric. Unsure on how much fabric I will need.
My 3 rd project is the 365 challenge, haven't decided colors yet. But I have printed out all of the blocks.
Then finish Judy's mystery train #16. I have step #1 completed. All of this material came from my stash.
#5 project is the quilting bee sew a-long. Again I'm using up my stash.
Three of my projects will take me a year to complete. I'm excited about not having to go to a LQS to buy things.

CarolinePaj 02-06-2017 08:57 AM

Hi Guys,

Well I had a clean January, no fabric purchased whatsoever.... so 1 down 11 to go!

Hugs

Caroline

MadQuilter 02-06-2017 04:47 PM

Good for you, Caroline. I have been a good girl too. However, I did see a new collection of paisleys and those are my favorites. Not sure if I can stay strong. The ad did say "limited availability" (already gnawing my finger nails)

PaperPrincess 02-07-2017 06:00 AM

Caroline: I am very impressed! I haven't purchased any fabric this month ;-)
Martina: I hear you. Connecting Threads just released several new lines, including some batiks also limited...

oksewglad 02-07-2017 06:05 AM

Okay folks...all fabric is "limited", some over a shorter time...stay strong! I know temptation is great says the buyer of 10+ yards so far this year...

AnngelAnne 02-07-2017 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj (Post 7758560)
Hi Guys,

Well I had a clean January, no fabric purchased whatsoever.... so 1 down 11 to go!

Hugs

Caroline

Way to go Caroline. I too had a clean January, so that is great. Just finishing the binding on a quilt top. My first of working deliberately with stripes. I have always avoided them but decided to make this year my year of firsts. Still working on the BOM on this board. I think it takes me more time to figure out where I want what color than it does to do the block. But its fun knowing I will beable to take my time on it, and will have something to work with by the end of the year. Also knowing I shop the stash is a big help too. Keep on keeping on everyone.

Krystyna 02-07-2017 06:54 AM

Good work, Happylab! I have all the pieces for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt but after seeing the reveal, I'm quite disappointed and will have to force myself to finish it. I wish I had chosen other colors.

I am zipping through my stash and making lots of baby quilts for the NICU where my friend works. I did buy some flannel on sale for the backing as that was requested for softness and I didn't have any. Does that count?

AnngelAnne 02-07-2017 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 7759159)
Good work, Happylab! I have all the pieces for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt but after seeing the reveal, I'm quite disappointed and will have to force myself to finish it. I wish I had chosen other colors.

I am zipping through my stash and making lots of baby quilts for the NICU where my friend works. I did buy some flannel on sale for the backing as that was requested for softness and I didn't have any. Does that count?

Way back ago I am thinking that someone said backing, batting or anything else needed to finish up a quilt didn't count, just material to make the top. I am not taking any chances if I can help it though, lol.