Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

MadQuilter 05-15-2017 04:30 PM

Love the border break-up, rryder.

retiredteacher09 05-15-2017 04:41 PM

Congrats to everyone on the wonderful finishes and thanks for sharing!

I started the year with 2 and still have 2. Lol!

I really need to concentrate on finishing them this summer!

Connie

P.S. My Bonnie Hunter quilt still has until her next one starts in November before I will add it to my UFO list.

Kassaundra 05-15-2017 04:52 PM

I finished Alleitiere (sp) the week before En Provence started. But this year I have done better I only have binding left to do on En Provence de' Noir (my version has black neutrals)

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7824834)
Congrats to everyone on the wonderful finishes and thanks for sharing!

I started the year with 2 and still have 2. Lol!

I really need to concentrate on finishing them this summer!

Connie

P.S. My Bonnie Hunter quilt still has until her next one starts in November before I will add it to my UFO list.

jaba 05-15-2017 05:00 PM

I got a red and white flimsy on the quilt table today, it's quilted, binding sewn on 1 side and now just to do the hand sewn binding. Not quite done yet but soon....Finished one large table topper and have the binding sewn on a spiral runner...hand sewing left on that one too. Finishes soon I hope

oksewglad 05-15-2017 10:27 PM

I've stalled here..with nice spring weather I've been working outside..Thursday I'm leaving for a week to meet our 2 new grandsons and spend time with their 2 yo sister...I think I get a Gram pass!

anne2016 05-16-2017 01:58 AM

Congrats on the finish, rryder.

rryder 05-16-2017 04:36 AM

Thanks everyone.

connie- not to worry, you still have plenty of time to get to them.

Oksewglad- Gram passes are a good thing. Have fun!

Rob

joe'smom 05-16-2017 05:22 AM

Very cool finish, Rob! That's an interesting combination of fabrics.

letawellman 05-16-2017 06:11 AM

How cool is that finish, Rob!!

I love the "interrupted" border - I would never have thought to do that, and even if I had, I would not have thought that it would look as good as yours does. As always, you challenge my ways of thinking about quilting.

I ordered some new threads that I will be "testing" before I use them in the UFO Lone Star. I also need to order some black batting. And some kind of high loft batting, as I will double-batt it to emphasize the quilting. One of the ladies in my longarm group recommended Superior Threads "Magnifico", as it has enough shimmer and shine that it almost acts like the metallic threads. I've marked my main registration lines on the "sample", and will use leftover batting, so I can't wait for the threads to get here. With the encouragement of everyone here, as well as my LA group, I'm hoping this will be an awesome entry for MQX next spring. Of course I'll post here. It will get a UFO out of my way, and perhaps some "kudos" as well. :)

Janice McC 05-17-2017 06:28 AM

Congratulations, Rob, on another UFO finish. It's a good feeling to finish one that caused frustration. Now you never have to deal with it again, at least not in an unpleasant way. :) Toot, Toot![QUOTE=rryder;7824496]Hey all, I have a UFO finish for May. This one was started in either late 2015 or early 2016, and is all from scraps. After I got 4 blocks put together I realized I didn't have enough of one of the fabrics in my scrap pile. My design wall at the time was too small to lay it out and figure out what to do to get around the not enough fabric problem, and I got frustrated with it. So it got thrown on the UFO pile and completely forgotten about until last week when I was looking for a UFO other than the 2 that were supposed to be my next finishes LOL.
35 1/2 inches square.
first pic is front, 2nd is back

Rob[/QUOTE]