Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Sophie2 05-01-2017 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7815556)
Monkey breaks the tie! Thanks, everyone. :)

Looking forward to seeing the finished UFO. :)

SheriR 05-01-2017 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7815556)
Monkey breaks the tie! Thanks, everyone. :)

Yeah monkey!! I just saw this in my email and... I would have voted monkey.

Great finished ladies! I'm pulling out a 3 yr old Bonnie Hunter mystery to finish in May.....or June. :D

joe'smom 05-02-2017 06:25 AM

That's so pretty, QuilterMomma! It makes me want to go buy some reproduction prints, which I don't currently have in my stash.

Sophie2 05-02-2017 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
About a year and a half ago we made a trip to South Dakota and stopped at Sturgis. There is a very nice quilt shop in Sturgis and of course we had to stop. We did not have a motorcycle at the time, but I bought fat quarters for placemats. Since we had no motorcycle, I was in no hurry to make the placemats, hence another UFO kit. Well, we are now proud owners of a Harley and I felt the need to make the placemats and napkins. The pattern is Take Four (four fat quarters make the placemats) Now on to my next UFO. [ATTACH=CONFIG]572417[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 05-02-2017 08:47 AM

Great story Sophie2. Love them. I need to get busy and make some myself. Yeah, on that bucket list they are. Thank you everyone on the compliments and forgiveness of me not taking any photos. I will be sure and tell my MIL or SIL to get some for me since I did not take them. They were so cute. I even made a spare bib (yeah I bought more bibs to make them to have on hand) to show at guild last night and got sick so could not go. Next month for sure. hopefully I will have some more projects finished by then.
Can we count the towels that have been sitting there for nearly two years to be quilted as a UFO? I want to embroidery on them, just have not gotten there and need some new towels in my bathroom. Me and my big expectations.

Sync 05-02-2017 04:42 PM

Sophie2, nice placemats & napkins .......... lol, nothing like a Harley to get you motivated.

anne2016 05-03-2017 02:17 AM

Sophie2, I like the placemats and napkins. Great fabric. Congrats on the finish.

rryder 05-03-2017 06:17 AM

Sophie2- nice placemats and napkins and have fun with the new motorcycle!

Quiltermomma- seems to me the towels Are a UFO since they've been sitting around and are bothering you LOL!

I have some panels that came in a fat quarter pack which was used loooooong ago. I've never known what to do with them so they've been sitting in a drawer out of sight out of mind for at least 6 years. I am proud to say that they have now been designated UFOs. :D I won't get to them any time soon since I still don't know what to do with them, but at least they will be on the UFO pile instead of hidden away in a drawer not to be seen (or thought about) for another 6 years. Meanwhile, still trying to decide which of 2 UFOs to finish for May...

Rob :sew::sew::sew:

Janice McC 05-03-2017 06:53 AM

Toot, Toot, QM for your UFO finish! Pretty, soft colors. Lovely!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7815232)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]572376[/ATTACH]
Silly me, I finished this UFO with orphan blocks from two different projects. Then, I was in such a frenzy to get it out the door, did not take a photo of the completed quilt. I made it for niece and nephew baby shower that is this coming Saturday. Big oops, because I thought it turned out cute. I used the pink solid for the sashing of the five fan blocks so they would end up measuring 13" then did a small sash around the outer of them, then did a green bubble print for the outer border and put minkee on the back. I quilted baby bottles, binkies, and safety pins on back. Folded over the minkee for the binding and then did a cute little flower stitch to tack it down. So sorry I did not get finished picture, but was an April finish. I then embroidered baby booties and three baby bibs to match the quilt. I used the scraps of minkee for the appliques on the bibs. All wrapped up and out the door. I did not even photo those bibs or booties. Big bummer. Then the card was even handmade. Themed my gifts. Hope they enjoy.

Janice McC 05-03-2017 06:55 AM

Got it, thank you!

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean (Post 7815237)
Machine is Applique/Embroidery not a old UFO
Thanks for nice comments